New events from Filemaker dont get a Zulu UUID

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:06 pm
At some point in the last couple of weeks, Zulu stopped giving UUIDs to new events made from Filemaker. It still works for events created in iCal. So new events created in Filemaker do not appear in iCal.

I can modify events that already have a UUID in filemaker and the modifications show up in iCal.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot this problem. But it is a big issue for us.

Running FM Server 11.0.4.404, Zulu 1.315, Snow Leopard Server 10.6.8.

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Rusty
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:00 am
Hi Rusty,

Hope all is well. The zulu_UUID is assigned when the event shows up in iCal, and not when the events are created in FM, so it sounds like new FM events aren't making it over for some reason.

The trigger field for the event to show up in iCal is the zulu_ModificationTimeStamp, so we want to check that that's getting updated when creating a new event. Refreshing the timestamp in FM should force all these events to be seen as new or changed by Zulu and then show up in iCal.

The fact that new iCal events are showing up makes me think it could be something with the filtering. Events created in iCal will make sure that the filter field is populated according to there set-up. But, if new events in FM don't match the existing filters that are set up, then the events won't go over and get there UUID.

It's also possible for "bad" events to cause trouble with the whole calendar stream, so if this just started happening, it could be that a new event was introduced that's causing issues. Having the start date after the end date, or just having an end date with no start date are the most common things we see that cause issues. The Catalina Log can be helpful here sometimes as well.

Let me know if any of that helps,
Cheers!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 am
I found the solution. Zulu was functioning exactly as it should. I had modified an auto enter calc on a filter which was not working as I had expected. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:43 am
Great Rusty. Thanks for the follow-up.

Have a great Weekend!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:36 am
My events stopped getting UUIDs for no apparent reason and now will not show up in iCal through subscription or CalDAV. I checked all the things mentioned above and still no luck. Records are being created through GoZync to FileMaker and they have zulu_modification timestamps and zulu_creation timestamps but no uuid. Any thoughts? Why would it just stop?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:49 pm
Hi Nina,

Right the zulu_UUIDs get assigned after they make it over to iCal, so that makes sense.

A few questions:

Is it possible the new events don't match any of the filters on the zulu calendars, that would prevent them from going over?

if not

From a CalDAV account:
Are you getting a 500 error in iCal when refreshing?
Are you getting a 500 error if you try to create a Zulu event in iCal?

500 errors usually mean data that Zulu doesn't like, and these can usually be tracked down in the log.

You can send me the log using the link in the zulu/admin page and I can take a look.

Thanks,
Jason

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker