Zulu on FMS12 Upgraded From FMS11 - Calendar Children Prob

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:04 am
Happy Monday! We updated our Mac OS X 10.7.3 server over the weekend by removing FMS11 and then installing FMS12. With Jason's help this morning we got Zulu reinstalled on FMS12. The installer had me install Zulu rather update it which makes sense.

After installing Zulu, I went to the Zulu Sync Admin page and recreated our FileMaker Account to Google Account pairing. I tried syncing and I got an error, so I then went to the ZuluContacts layout and clicked publish successfully. When I did the same for the ZuluCalendarEvents layout I got an error: "Calendar Publishing Error ; java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException"

When I go to the xxxxxx and try a manual sync I get this error: "Sync failed: java.io.IOException: Could not retrieve children for calendar FMSBFoundation; null"

I then edited the FileMaker / Google account pairing and disabled Calendar syncing and it seemed to sync contacts. Re-enabling Calendar syncing brought the error back.

Any ideas? All was working fine under FMS11.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:33 am
Hi Hal,

Happy Monday indeed! 8)

Right, you need to publish successfully before the sync will work.

Do you have multiple calendars/calendarlist records set up? If you have a bunch that are there, then that might be creating too long a URL to publish (I think that's what the "outofbounds" error is).

Maybe try to delete the calendar list records and see if you can publish then, and then import them back in from a back-up. You don't need to republish after adding calendar list records.

Let me know Hal,
Jason
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:52 am
Thanks Jason. I have 3 ZuluCalendarList records. I deleted 2 and got the same error. After deleting all 3, it published and created a "ZuluCalendarEvents" record.

I'm still getting the "Sync failed: java.io.IOException: Could not retrieve children for calendar FMSBFoundation; null" error with the single new record as well as the records imported from a backup.

Hmmm. Thanks so much for your help.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:44 pm
Hi Hal,

Did you do a GoogleReset first? We typically want to do that if a sync fails.

I haven't updated the docs yet :oops: But the reset steps are much easier in that you just need to delete the sync data folder, using the link on the admin page, and delete the corresponding Calendars from Google. This can be done right when you delete the sync data, so much easier.

Please give that a try and if it's still giving you trouble, I'd like to look at your file and see if I can figure it out here. Let me know at [email protected]

Thanks!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:51 am
Thanks! I just emailed...

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker