Upgrading to FileMaker 12, iCal connection lost.

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:29 am
After upgrading a fully Zulu-functional Filemaker solution to version 12 it now gives error messages in iCal.
I am on the Mac-platform and have installed version 1.315.1 of Zulu.
I am not dealing with Google syncronization. Just iCal and mostly only read only calendars.

Entering the DAVCalendar source iCal reports: The request for account "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" failed. The server responded with "500" to operation CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation.
Entering the read only source as a subscription gives this message "There was an error subscribing to the calendar....(error -1)".

The FM Server log says:
localhost 127.0.0.1 ReadOnly XML HTTP:401 0 "/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=prod&-lay=ProscNoSuchTable&-view"
and
localhost 127.0.0.1 zulu XML 105 496 "/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=prod&-lay=ProscNoSuchTable&-view"

The ZuluSampleData.fmp12 runs fine with any errors.

I have tried everything from the troubleshooting guide.
I have installed/removed FM Server and Zulu several times.
I have removed all records in ZuluCalendar list and tried to republish all calendars, but with no luck.
I have also tried to delete all data and imported from the ZuluSampleData file.
I have also made new user accounts with XML privileges in the FileMaker file.

Any suggetions?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:58 am
Hi,

I believe I got a direct support request form you as well.

Please send us the Zulu log using the link on the Zulu/Admin page.

Thanks!
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:10 pm
Done!
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:20 am
Hi,

I have exactly the same situation. My server runs Server 10.6.8 in Mac mini, dates are Finnish and the files with "500"- problem are originally created in a Mac with Finnish OSX. I guess Zulu/ FMP12 has got a
n issue with European dates.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:19 pm
Right, we're looking into it.

If you have a web publishing engine publicly accessible, and can provide us a testing account to access it? we'd like to see the complete XML result returned from a search to nail this down.

please contact me at [email protected] if possible.

Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:20 pm
Hi,

We have confirmed that FileMaker server 12's web publishing is parsing the date and timestamps with this format incorrectly:

30.05.2012 8:30:00

It's the dots that are throwing it off. When we use

30/05/2012 8:30:00

then we don't have any issues.

Currently, to get Zulu to work if you're file is using this format, you'll need to create additional auto-enter calc fields that substitute out the dots for slashes and map your zulu fields to those. This goes for all date and timestamp fields in the events and calendarlist tables. Hopefully, this is something that will get addressed in FileMaker Server eventually, but this is the current "workaround."

Hope that helps!
-Jason
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:45 am
Hi,

I tried that, but it did not help. I even Installed 1.10136 version of Zulu...
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:59 am
Hi,

A few things to check:

Make sure you're adjusting the dates in the events table and the timestamps in the calendarlist table. The dates in events can be named anything, as you're using the layout to match them, but the adjusted timestamps in the calendarlist records need to have the default field names:

zulu_dateModified
zulu_dateCreated

(Despite their name, these are timestamp fields)

Please let us know if that helps,
Jason
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:11 am
Having done it already.
Furher notes: Zulu Sample Data is working in my server without modifications.
My own solution files not. Only difference I've found so far is in the index of Timestamp fields:

- ZuluSampleData shows index in format 'd.m.yyyy hh:mm:ss' - "3.6.2012 13:07:01" for today's TS field
- My solution file shows index in format 'mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss PM" - "06/03/2012 01:07:01 PM"

Both field are unmodified TS fields for "Modification timestamp" ( and I am speaking about data shown in index, not fields presented in UI)

Same applies to TS fields in ZuluCalendarList Tables.

Date and Time Fields seems to be identical.

I tried to clone the file and got a new file having right TS formats. But I got some other issues when publishing the calendar:

"com.prosc.fmpjdbc.MissingFieldException: The requested fields are not on the layout: [zulu_uuid, zulu_displayName, zulu_color] (JDBC URL: jdbc:fmp360://localhost/MAD_DEV, SSL: false / SQL statement: SELECT zulu_uuid, zulu_displayName, zulu_color FROM ZuluCalendarList / SQL params: [])"

I know that the field are in the copied layout and it worked before cloning ( and other 2 fields are not even documented/ not in example file). But this is still another story, I think.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:37 am
Hi,

That error is referencing the ZuluCalendarList layout and table. That layout does need to be named ZuluCalendarList and all the fields in that table are required and need to be on the layout. You'll also probably want to delete any existing records there and republish so the changes to the field mapping are reflected.

Since you don't have control over the field mapping for the ZuluCalendarList table like you do with events, the trick with the ZuluCalendarList table is the modified timestamps (with no dots) need to be named

zulu_dateCreated

and

zulu_dateModified

as those are the field names zulu's looking for.

Please let me know if that helps,
-Jason
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:40 am
Hi!

I believe that I found the problem and solution perhaps to both of the items discussed here. I am working, as usual, using Separation Model. My Zulu TO's, scripts and Layouts were in a UI file, pointing to Tables in data file.
The Publishing error was solved by moving ZuluCalendarList Table to UI file, but then I got ( again) the '500' Error message.
After that I moved all tables, TO's, Layouts and Scripts to DATA file - and I seems to be working now ( with unmodified TS& Date fields) . That is OK, but not ideal for me.

Maybe this is written somewhere in the documentation...

- Martti
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:58 am
Hi Martti,

Thanks for the info. Right, that would make sense if the date formats are different between the two files, i.e. the new one doesn't use the "." format. That's the only reason I can think of if it was working in 11.

Otherwise the only issue we run into with the separation model is that the XML extended privilege needs to be enabled for the accounts in both the UI and data files, but that wouldn't have changed between 11 and 12.

Let me know if that helps,
Jason
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:17 am
Hi Jason!

Actually, I can't see any difference in formatting Dates and TS's between UI & Data files.

But I do not care; most important is that this works: now I can sail towards new oddies!
( I'll start a new thread about one of zule-related minor problem, if I can't get it solved by )

- Martti
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:06 am
Interesting. Thanks for the follow-up.

Also feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Cheers and have a great Weekend!!! 8)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:08 pm
It seems I have the same problem.
After upgrading to FMS12 two of my TO do not work anymore. When I update data in the ical file it give the "O servidor respondeu:
“403”
para a operação CalDAVWriteEntityQueueableOperation."
Error.
I have already reinstalled, deleted the calls, checked every field twice, switched off all security and on all fmxml access.

My installation seems sound. One of my three calendars publishes and lets itself update just fine.
I send you guys the xml log from the test page...
I already spent a WHOLE day on this one.... :-(

ps
I have NO DOTS in whatsoever field. All files get "use system formats" and here in Brazil we use DD/MM/YYYY.. no dots.
Next

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker