GoogleApps User Over Quota error

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:24 am
I'm trying to set up Zulu on an existing database with about 4200 contact records. Everything seems to be set up correctly, but the initial sync is failing with the following error:

Sync failed: java.io.IOException: Unable to perform edit operation: ... java.io.IOException: Could not insert contact to Google: com.google.gdata.util.ServiceException: Service Unavailable Temporary problem - please try again later and consider using batch operations. The user is over quota.

It looks like only the first 382 records are pushed to Google before the error occurs. The records that do end up there look good (fields are mapped correctly and they sync down to an iPhone nicely), but this isn't going to work if I can't get the entire data set loaded.

From searching for the error message and from the recommendation to use a batch operation, it looks like too much data is being pushed up to Google too fast, but I'm not sure how to implement a batch load using Zulu. Can we control how many records are synced during each connection?

I'm hoping someone else has run into this and can give me some suggestions on how to get working. Thanks.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:57 am
Hi,

We do run into this occasionally, and it's typically just a temporary situation with Google. Once you get that initial sync completed, then only modded records are considered so the traffic's much lighter.

You can filter the Contacts that are synced using the zulu_Deleted field, i.e. any records with a 1 here will be ignored by the Contact Sync, so you can mark most records this way to sync less, and then "release" more contacts with subsequent syncs until they're all up.

Please let me know if that helps.
-Jason
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:01 am
Thanks Jason -- didn't think to use the zulu_Deleted to control the batch size. I'll give that a go and let you know how it works out.

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker