Error message attempting to publish calendar

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:47 am
I am getting the following error when attempting to publish the calendars:

In safari:
Forbidden - you don't have permission to access /caldav/publish.php on this server

This occurred after running the publish script. I thought I had perhaps used the wrong password, so I reset the safari and emptied the cache and tried again - same error.

See attached.

Thank you
Darren Burgess
Attachments
SSMT Server.jpg
SSMT Server.jpg (34.96 KiB) Viewed 36756 times
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:06 am
I reinstalled zulu, to ensure I had latest version. Now getting this error when attempting to publish:

Calendar Publishing Error
java.sql.SQLException: Error occurred while reading XML: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: protocol = http host = null
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:18 am
Hi Darren,

Right, this is a known bug that's we introduced in 1.316. It basically won't let you publish if you have more than two calendar list records already. The easiest thing to do is to export the calendar list records, delete them all, republish and either recreate the additional calendars, or import them back in. You don't need to republish when adding calendars, so if you can publish successfully once, than you should be good to go.

Sorry for the inconvenience there. We are working on a fix for this.

Let me know if that helps!
-Jason
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:28 pm
Jason,

Excellent and thanks for the response. Just to be clear, this is the order of operations.
1. Export the calendar list records
2. Delete calendar list records
3. Republish (with no calendar records)
4. Import exported records
5. Do NOT republish - new calendars added to the list will be appear in the calendar client without republishing.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:30 pm
Hi Darren,

A little more detail here.

Actually I would try connecting without publishing first. If the Calendar List records are there and the URL is correct, then technically you really don't need to re-publish. The URL designates the path and the file, and if Zulu's installed it should be able to locate the calendarlist records and do it's thing.

If that doesn't work, then I like to have folks go back and republish to make sure the connection is good, and the URL they're using for iCal is correct. If you need to do this, make sure the value for zulu_Properties in the new record you created from publishing matches what's in the original calendarlist records (it should, unless the field mapping is changed) if not, replace the old ones with the new value and then import them back in (or recreate them manually). You'll probably also want to delete the new calendarlist created, as it won't have any filters on it and will be an extra one from your original.

Let me know if that helps,
-Jason
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:16 am
Jason

You rock. I suspect that the calendars were always working, based on what you describe above. I never actually tested the calendar client itself, just submitted the ticket when republishing failed. Good to know that republishing is not required.

Darren
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:18 am
Thanks Darren! Say hi to the other Mighty Ones for me 8)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:28 am
Hi Jason

I'm also getting the same error:

Calendar Publishing Error
java.sql.SQLException: Error occurred while reading XML: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: protocol = http host = null

Running 1.316
Enterprise License

However all works well when I publish the first 2 calendars. But no matter what I do (including following the above instructions) it always generates that error when I try and publish a 3 calendar - tried changing records around and it's definitely not data.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:32 pm
Hi Paul,

Right, currently there's a bug in Zulu that won't let you publish with more than two calendars, and we should have a fix for this soon. However, you don't need to publish after creating new calendarlist records. Publish once to get the first one and then just duplicate that record and update the filtering, etc.

The only time you would need to republish is if the field mapping on the source layout, adding and removing calendars/calendarlist records does not require re-publishing.

hth,
Jason
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:23 am
Hey Jason,

Once again having some Zulu issues. This time the client has upgraded their server to 10.8.2, and we upgraded FMS to 12. Zulu 1.3403

I can get one calendar to function after deleting all of the list records except 1 (and then publish), however when I add another calendar list record, change the filter value and display value, I get an error in iCal:

The server responded with "500' to operation "CalDAVWriteEntityQueueableOperation"

see attached.

Actually this message was generated trying to move an appointment. Refreshing the calendar will also generate the error, without specific reference to the one record.

I also tried this:
1. delete all calendar records
2. republish
3. modified created calendar list record with correct display and filter

works great at this point. As soon as I add a new record, we start getting the error.

Darren Burgess
Attachments
GoToMeeting Viewer.jpg
GoToMeeting Viewer.jpg (25.61 KiB) Viewed 36281 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:53 am
Hi Darren,

2 things that are common to trip you up here. You want to make sure you duplicate the initial ZuluCalendarList record so that the zulu_Properties value is the same for all of the records. zulu_Properties is where the field mapping is stored. You also want to make sure that each one has a unique UUID value. We clear this by default, so if you duplicate them, you need to make sure that field gets populated. In 12, you can just change this to the Get ( UUID ) function set to re-evaluate so it runs when you duplicate them. I've been meaning to add that to the 12 sample file :oops:

If it's not those, shoot me your log from the zulu/admin page and we'll see what it says. A 500 error means you're connecting fine to the file, which is good, it just doesn't like the data it's getting.

Thanks!

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker