Problem when deleting events

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:58 am
Hi,

I'm testing zulu before buying it for my company and I have a problem when I delete an event from my iPhone.

The event disappear in the iPhone and the zulu_deleted field is refresh to "1" in filemaker ; but in my ical (on my mac), the event don't disappear even if I refresh ical.

Is this a limitation ?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:43 am
Hi,

Hope all's well. I'm not able to replicate this. If the zulu_ModificationTimestamp field is getting updated when the 1 is flagged in zulu_Delete, then iCal should see that it's been changed and read it as deleted. I would check the zulu_ModificationTimestamp and make sure that's getting refreshed.

Let me know if that helps.
-Jason
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:26 am
Hi,

The zulu_ModificationTimestamp is getting updated.

I've made some tests :

Changes or deletion from iCal (Mac) or Filemaker are well updated on the others devices.

If I change the time of the event from the iPhone, Filemaker et iCal (Mac) are well updated.

But, if I delete the event from the iPhone, iCal(Mac) is note updated.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:06 am
Hi,

bazto wrote:But, if I delete the event from the iPhone, iCal(Mac) is note updated.

but you do see the 1 in the zulu_Deleted field in FileMaker when this happens, right?

If you manually add a 1 to an event in FileMaker, does it disappear from iCal then? This would basically be the equivalent of what you're doing from the iPhone. If this is the case than I would suspect the iCal connection, but since the other changes are updating, I'm not sure what's going on. I'm unable to replicate this, and don't have any other reports of this.

One last questions: is this with the Sample Data file or your own file. If it's with your own file can you try to replicate with the sample one? That's what I'm testing with, and that might help us narrow down the issue.

Thanks!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:00 am
but you do see the 1 in the zulu_Deleted field in FileMaker when this happens, right?

Yes

If you manually add a 1 to an event in FileMaker, does it disappear from iCal then? This would basically be the equivalent of what you're doing from the iPhone. If this is the case than I would suspect the iCal connection, but since the other changes are updating, I'm not sure what's going on. I'm unable to replicate this, and don't have any other reports of this.

If I add manually a 1 in filemaker, the event does not disappear in iCal.

One last questions: is this with the Sample Data file or your own file. If it's with your own file can you try to replicate with the sample one? That's what I'm testing with, and that might help us narrow down the issue.

That's it : In the Sample Data File, there is no problem.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:10 am
Ok,

I've made some tests and I noticed that there was no problem with a newly created calendar.

The old calendar was not working properly but I do not know why.

The problem is solved anyway !

Thank you for all
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:23 am
Great! Thanks for the follow up. Have a great Weekend!

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker