iPhone connection dies after about three days

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:25 am
I installed Zulu on a FileMaker server at one of my customers, to publish a FileMaker calendar to their iPhone's (latest iOS, v5.1.1). After the initial setup everything was working perfect, however after about three days most of the iPhones lose their connection to the CalDAV server (not at the same time though), and won't update any more.

After removing the calendar from the iPhone, and adding it again, it works for about three days after which it dies again, and the calendar has to be removed and added again.

Does anybody have any idea what could cause this?

Alexander
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:01 am
Still no solution for this problem...

Does anybody know if there is a log file on the iPhone so I can see what is going on?

If this is not solved I'm afraid I'll have to refund my customer for the enterprise license, as (at least for us) Zulu is not working the way we hoped.

Alexander
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:43 pm
Hi Alexander,

Sorry for not responding earlier. Our mail notifications for this forum are having some issues.

There's no log on the iPhone, and additionally if there's an error with the connection, you won't see it on the iPhone...it just stops working. My guess is that this is what's going on. There's some kind of data error or something with Zulu that's preventing theCalDAV stream from updating.

Do you have any iCal connections to Zulu? That can be helpful to see what the problem is, i.e. you'll see a 500 error there that you wouldn't see on the iPhone.

Thanks!
-Jason

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker