Zulu Date format problem

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:01 am
On Filemaker 11 our Zulu <-> Google Agenda worked very well but with upgrading to FMserver12 it does not work anymore.
The problem is the date format. We are located in the netherlands so no english notation.
I tried everything, setting up the tables again and pasting in the fields etc.

I also tried the create a timestamp calculation field with the english format but the result of that field is: ?

I hope that anyone can help me with this?

Zulu version 1.316
Mac OS 10.6.8 Server (english language and dutch Region settings in system preference pane)
Filemaker Server 12.0v2 (also v1 didn't work)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:42 pm
Can anyone help me with this? The solution I build is down now and the clients depend on it and need to work with it next month.
All the help is appreciated :-)
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:56 pm
Hi,

Is this with the dot date format? i.e. 3.9.2012 14:54 PM

If so, this a known issue with XML parsing issue on Server 12. I can take a look at your log to confirm, and you can send it to me using the zulu/admin page.

We were hoping this would be fixed in server 12 V2, but haven't gotten conformation on this yet. So, if you haven't tried Server 12 V2, it's worth a shot, otherwise folks have had success creating auto-enter calculations to sub out the "." for "/" and using those fields to map with Zulu.

Let me know if that helps,
Jason
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:55 am
Hi Jason,

I send you the log file.

Thanks,
Nico
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:27 am
Hi Nico,

Right I got it and responded, but it does look like the FileMaker Server's XML engine is having trouble with the MM-DD-YYYY format, as it's expecting MM/DD/YYYY. I think the best thing to do would be to try and publish from a different file like our sample one that has the / format.

As I mentioned there, I'm happy to review your file here to confirm the issue and to make sure the workaround works.

Thanks!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:33 am
I synced my data to the sample file now and i'm syncing tot google from there. This is working now.
I hope Filemaker or someone is fixing the date format, so we can remove the sample database...
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:48 pm
We have been asking folks to add a TO reference to a file with the "/" date formats and publish from there, but we'll have a fix for this in the new version which will be out shortly. I've tested and and confirmed that we're successfully dealing with the "-" date separator, so if anybody would like a pre-release of that version please contact me at [email protected] and I'll send you a copy. We're still working on the "." date separator as that one is a bit trickier, bit we should have a fix for that in the next public release.

We've also reported the issue to FileMaker.

Thanks!

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker