ical cannot connect

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:16 am
Jason,
Now I found that i get the following message in the fm server log file

Client "ReadOnly [127.0.0.1]" authentication failed on database "ZuluSampleData.fmp12" using "ReadOnly [fmxml]".
whenever I try to logon.
Yours
Pierre
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:30 am
Ok guys, Nobody aswered to my last post.
Anyway..now even google sync stopped working, without me having changed anything. A team member told me that the calendar is showing old data...and sure enough..no sync. When I try to setup a new google sync account ( deleted the old one to overwrite it) I get the "internal error" return to home page.

This leaves me with 200bucks spent on your solution, which I used for 8 month.. since upgrade to MLS.. no way to use it anymore.
:-(
p
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:54 am
Hi Pierre,

As I've mentioned before, please contact us at [email protected] if you don't get a timely answer here.

We've had several other folks go to MLS and Zulu with no issues, so are still not sure what to tell you.

-Jason
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:20 pm
I am having the same problem. What Services are you using on your MLS? Web? Wiki? Mail? Is you Certificate Self Signed or Third Party?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:34 pm
Hi, Jason has been troubleshooting some of these Mountain Lion issues and you're right to look at other services and certs. Jason's back Thursday from vacation and will chime in here if you don't get a resolution first.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:49 am
We keep getting repeating errors/warnings from FMS12 with the message
Client "ReadOnly [127.0.0.1]" authentication failed on database *** using "ReadOnly [fmxml]".
FileMaker Server automatically sent you this email. Contact the administrator if you no longer want to receive these notifications:

Is this fixable?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:35 am
Hi,

That's expected behavior as Zulu first tries to authenticate with a Read-Only account. We do this for folks who want to have public calendars available with no passwords.

It's not something we can turn off in the current product, but we are looking at making this a setting in the Zulu.XML so that it would not be running by default in a future build.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
Jason
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:05 am
Jason,
you recently told me
Hope all is well with you. We ran into a similar situation with MLS server and it turned out the issue was a service running called "UserWebDAV Gateway" that is intercepting the requests to the web server and handling them. It's username and password database are obviously not the same as Zulu, so it returns an error that the username and password are incorrect.

Ok.. I did not find how to fiddle around with UserWebDav Gateway. But I have looked in the Catalina.log, as mentioned in earlier posts.
Could you have a look IF there is anything "useful" in it.
In the meantime I spool the whole calendars to a google account and have everybody sign up to this one. This works since the problems started..but is not very elegant.

follows the catalina.log. (Catalina, the traitor would have liked his name to be used for a "log" hehe)
Nov 20, 2012 12:21:16 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer await
WARNING: StandardServer.await: Invalid command '' received
Nov 20, 2012 12:21:19 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [com.jniwrapper.NativeResourceCollector] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Nov 20, 2012 12:21:19 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [WPEAgent[127.0.0.1:16000]-Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [WSAgent[127.0.0.1:16000]-Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [LogViewerIndex_Thread-17] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager cleanup] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [Thread-227409] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [Thread-229180] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Nov 20, 2012 12:21:19 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap
SEVERE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@3e67d8b0]) and a value of type [org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser] (value [org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser@556f25f6]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Nov 20, 2012 12:21:19 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap
SEVERE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@3e67d8b0]) and a value of type [org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser] (value [org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser@7ebe1419]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@3e67d8b0]) and a value of type [org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser] (value [org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser@9cfe56]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@3e67d8b0]) and a value of type [org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser] (value [org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser@8fd3b22]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@3e67d8b0]) and a value of type [org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser] (value [org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser@2d15438]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Nov 20, 2012 12:21:20 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/fmi] appears to have started a thread named [BonjourServiceUpdateThread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Nov 20, 2012 12:21:20 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/fmi] appears to have started a thread named [Thread-19] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Nov 20, 2012 12:38:20 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
Nov 20, 2012 12:38:20 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property 'mapperClass' to 'org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextMapper' did not find a matching property.
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context/Manager} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property 'mapperClass' to 'org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextMapper' did not find a matching property.
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context/Manager} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
Nov 20, 2012 12:44:35 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer await
WARNING: StandardServer.await: Invalid command '' received
Nov 20, 2012 12:44:37 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [com.jniwrapper.NativeResourceCollector] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Nov 20, 2012 12:44:37 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [WPEAgent[127.0.0.1:16000]-Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [WSAgent[127.0.0.1:16000]-Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [LogViewerIndex_Thread-17] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager cleanup] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Nov 20, 2012 12:44:38 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/fmi] appears to have started a thread named [BonjourServiceUpdateThread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Nov 20, 2012 12:46:44 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
Nov 20, 2012 12:46:44 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:44 am
Jason is currently attending and speaking at DevCon Japan. He will be back mid next week. Hopefully he can chime in when he get's back.

-Tanner
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 am
We traced this issue down to the WebDAV service running as part of the Wiki service on MLS. Unfortunately, Zulu's not compatible with WebDAV running on the server as it intercepts the iCal requests made against it. WebDAV can also be enabled on file sharing and that will cause the issue as well.

Thanks!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 am
Jason,
yes.. I confirm. As soon as I switch of the Wiki feature (which offers webdav for files) in Mountain Lion Server 10.82 I cannot access Zulu Calendars anymore. I can still as a workaround spool everything to a google Calendars account and subscribe to that one. So your product is not compatible with apple server installations.
yours
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:55 am
Hi Pierre,

It is compatible with Apple Server Installations, but not the WebDAV Service.

FileMaker recommends that FileMaker Server be run on dedicated machine, particularly if there's an external resource like Web Publishing involved:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/d ... -server-12

If you need to run non-Filemaker related operations on the same server, then we cannot get around that.

If this is unacceptable to you, then please contact me at [email protected] and I will arrange a refund. for you and you can uninstall Zulu from this server.

Thanks!
Previous

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker