Error on setup of Google Sync pair

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:32 am
Zulu 1.316 with calendar sync via iCal working (SSL is on).

I am getting the following error, in red, on the sync page when trying to setup an initial "pairing" for Google Sync right after I specify the two accounts (FileMaker and Google) and click the "save pairing" button.

"Could not connect to database: Server has moved to new location:
https://<FQDN>/fmi/sml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml"

I suspect some issue with SSL setup but not sure.

Eric
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:00 am
Hi Eric,

iCal and the Google Sync use the same configuration for SSL that you set up in the zulu.XML file, so I think the issue is the existing information from a previous sync. Doing a Google Reset for the calendar (basically starting from scratch) with Google should fix this:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... oogleSetup

Let me know if that helps,
-Jason
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:37 pm
Jason:

I had already run through the Google Reset process before I posted my original issue, guess I should have mentioned that...

Just went through another Google Reset, no resolution (it was not previously setup to sync to Google. I had it working once as a test a long time ago but removed it and haven't used it since.)

Then, multiple iterations of reinstallation of zulu, restarting server, no go... erasing the zulu.xml file and allowing zulu to recreate it, reinstalling zulu again, confirming FQDN, confirm SSL is on, reconnect with Calendar to confirm SSL is functioning, web server on/off, restart server again, confirm SSL certs, etc. etc.

Still not working. Still getting the exact same error.

"Could not connect to database: Server has moved to new location:
https://<FQDN>/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml"

Eric
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:05 pm
Thanks Eric,

I'm not sure, can you send a copy of your zulu.XML file to me and I'll take a look at it? It seems odd that it would be referencing <FQDN> specifically here rather that the actual domain name, but I must admit I haven't seen that specific error before, so want to check that.

Can't remember if you guys are on 12 or not, so here are the two possible paths:

For FileMaker Server 11
\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\cwpe-tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\zulu.xml

For FileMaker Server 12
\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\jwpc-tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\zulu.xml

please send to me at [email protected] and we'll pick this up there.

Thanks!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:03 pm
Jason... sorry... I replaced the actual domain name with <FQDN> to obscure it. It actually lists out the actual, fully qualified domain name.

I'll send you the zulu.xml file anyway but I think you'll see that it is fine. I removed it today before I reinstalled zulu so I started with a "fresh" version of the file and then re-edited to enable SSL. It was not different before and after but I figured I might as well take a crack at it.

FYI... the reason we got started on this whole track is that in Mountain Lion when I (or anyone in our firm) get an alarm box for an event in our zulu calendar, if we do ANYTHING with that alarm (Snooze or Close) it then REMOVES the event from the Calendar (the new iCal). I was running down this bug when I ran into the Google Sync thing again and got back on this track.

Anyway, I'll let you know when I find out something definitive about that issue as well. (emailing you the zulu.xml file now).

ciao... e

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker