java.lang.RuntimeException

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:23 am
My syncing to Google Calendar stopped working and I am getting the following error message in Zulu: Sync Administration:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 00000000

How can I fix this? I'm hoping I don't have to reset Google Sync since that means re-sharing the calendar with a large number of individuals (so it reappears on their calendars).

Thank you,
Nova
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:43 pm
Hi Nova,

Are you syncing contacts and calendars? If so...and you only need the calendars back, turn off the contact sync in Zulu Admin, then stop and restart the Web Publishing Engine, seeing if you can then do a manual sync.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:02 am
Thanks, John.

I am only syncing calendar.

I've determined that my FileMaker Web Publishing Engine won't start. It seems to start on initial boot up, but then it crashes and won't restart -- I get the error message, "The web publishing engine failed to start" when I try to restart it. Could Zulu be causing it to crash? I've also initiated a support request about this on the FileMaker support forum: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/79311ae317.

-Nova
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:42 am
We haven't seen Zulu cause it to crash, but you can isolate Zulu by turning off the automatic sync in Zulu's admin page. Then Zulu won't be doing anything unless you have iCal clients hitting the calendar.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:54 am
Yes, I had already switched to manual sync, so it looks like problem is with FileMaker. Hope I'm not headed for a reinstall...

Thanks for your quick replies! I'll keep you posted after I sort out the FileMaker issue.

-Nova
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:26 am
OK, I reinstalled FileMaker Server and I can now start, stop and restart the web publishing engine.

I tried to run Sync Administration, but got a File Not Found error, so I also reinstalled Zulu 1.315.1. After successfully logging in to Sync Admin, I was surprised that I didn't have to re-setup my sync information -- is this expected? Did I re-install correctly or did I need to un-install or delete any files first?

I am still getting the error java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 00000000 when I try to sync. What should I do now?

FYI, when I click "Test configuration" I get "✓ Zulu is communicating successfully with Web Publishing Engine running on localhost (ssl: false)."

Thanks,
Nova
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:29 pm
That's good on "test configuration", that let's you know Web Publishing is working but doesn't test the whole Google sync. I believe Jason would have you do a Google reset but if you want to avoid that maybe you can wait until he's back on Thursday.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:45 am
If a Google Reset will force me to erase my calendar and recreate it, I'd like to wait for the possibility of a better option on Thursday.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:35 am
Hi,

Please upgrade to 1.316. You can download it from here:

http://www.seedcode.com/downloads/downloads.php

You'll want to stop the web publishing engine and then run the installer with the upgrade option and then restart the web publishing engine.

Unfortunately, I do think you'll need to do a reset regardless, but it's worth a try after upgrading. The fact that your web publishing engine was giving you trouble makes me believe you got out of sync, and that's usually what's required with this error.

Let me know if that helps,
-Jason
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:25 am
I've upgraded to 1.316 and completed a Google Reset, but I'm still getting the same error. This has become a significant problem for our organization. What else is left to try? Help needed desperately!!

Thanks,
Nova
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:20 pm
Received the log from Nova and there are spaces in the file name, which is what I think the issue is. Will confirm.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:49 am
Yes, after removing the spaces in the file name, my issue is resolved.

Jason also noticed from the log file that I had some events with start time later than end time. I've corrected those and added better safeguards for this in my database.

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker