Calendar event filter based on the field 'null'

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:28 pm
So, I have a single database that exists for the sole purpose of aggregating TOs from multiple other database event tables and syncing calendars with Google. My first TO syncs perfectly, but following the exact same process results in a different TO refusing to sync. When I click Test Configuration, I'm met with "There is a calendar event filter based on the field 'null', but this field is not on the layout 'SellBetterZuluFieldMappings'. You must add the field to this layout in order to search by it."

Here's the thing - We're not even using the Filtering option and don't wish to filter or search by anything at all, so of course a null field isn't on my layout. I've manually re-created Mapping layout 4-5 times now and for some reason this one TO causes issues every time. Help please!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 pm
Hi Will,

Hope all's well. Right, even if you're not using the filter field we do need it on the layout. You can map that filter field to any editable field in the table, but you don't have to define the filtering for it in the associated calendarlist record. You will need to republish from that layout after making this change as publishing marks the field mapping.

Let me know if that helps.
-Jason
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:48 am
Thanks for the quick response, Jason! Unfortunately, neither of those steps is working for us. Using my two test calendars from before, the Filter data mapping is entirely irrelevant for one - the synching works whether I have it mapped to an editable field or not. The non-synching one does not sync regardless of mappings, just returns the same null field message. At this point, I have mostly concluded it has something to do with this one particular TO since all others work flawlessly, but I think I'm out of ways to further debug the problem myself with the error information provided. Would it be possible to send you a link to the file and a login so you can poke around a bit?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:13 am
Hi Will,

I can't tell what the issue is from your description. Were you able to publish from the layout/table that's giving you trouble?

Thanks!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:16 am
It technically "publishes", but fails syncing with both Google and iCal, so there's an issue somewhere with the actual publishing when it attempts to use a field 'null' inside the SQL used to sync.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:28 am
Hi Will,

Is it possible for me to get a look at the file? Please contacts me at [email protected] if so and we can make arrangements.

Thanks!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:48 am
We sent you an email last week to that address with full info to take a look at our operating files, any updates? Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:30 pm
I could not locate the email that you sent. Was it sent from someone else? Jason is at DevCon in Japan for the rest of the week so moving this to email may be appropriate.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Tanner

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker