Let iCloud do the work?

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:38 pm
I implemented SeedCode's calendar into my FileMaker Solution multiple years ago and integrated Zulu into the system at least a year or so ago (and have been very pleased with both products as well as with the remarkable support received from SeedCode).
More recently, I integrated credit card processing into my FileMaker solution only to discover later that I was required to have PCI compliance monitoring (in order to assure that my network is secure). Unfortunately, having port 80 forwarded from the firewall to the server (in order for Zulu to function) has raised several red flags on the network scans.
To complicate matters, I recently upgraded to FileMaker Server Advanced 12 and to Mountain Lion and have not, yet, been able to successfully implement SSL in FileMaker Server. (I am quite certain that I am making the process far more complicated than it should be).
I noticed, however, that iCloud uses port 443 (which seems to indicate SSL is being used by iCloud for sync'ing my calendar, contacts, etc.). Since port 443 did not raise any red flags, this lead me to wonder:
Can Zulu be directed to act only as a local iCal server... meaning only sync'ing SeedCode's calendar to the server's copy of iCal... so that iCloud can then sync iCal outside the LAN and onto my other devices?
JLKochJr
Jack L. Koch Jr., M.D.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:33 am
Hi Dr Koch,

Hope all is well.

Unfortunately, you can't do this as you describe. Zulu basically works as a CalDAV Server on FileMaker Server and isn't set up to interact with another server/data source. We do this with Google Calendars, but that's the only real "sync" routine we have.

You can set up Zulu on SSL/443 once you have your certificate and fqdn all set up. We have instructions for this here:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... u.Security

With Mountain Lion Server. Zulu is not compatible with the WebDAV Service that can be enabled with the File Sharing or Wiki services there, so you won't be able to use those services if you want to use Zulu on that box.

Let me know if that helps,
Jason

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker