Integrating Sync with SeedCode Calendar

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:07 am
Hey Guys,

Used the seedcode calendar as the basis for my database, focusing mainly on using the events and project side of things to populate a gantt chart.

I've now purchased zulu sync, and wish to just sync my projects to it, rather than all of the individual events.

As it stands I have two calculation fields in my projects table, which take the max and min values of all related events to give me a project start and project finish date. This works great when viewing individual project records in filemaker.

However it seems that Zulu sync can't use these unstored calculation fields as the start and end date.

Is there a creative way around this my events within projects change quite regularly so it would be very hard to manually update the project field each time ?

James
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 am
Hi James,

Right all the Zulu fields need to be editable. Typically using an auto-enter calculation set to replace the value will work as well as a calc field, but you may need to set up some script triggers or a server side script to get the dates for Zulu populated in editable fields.

Let me know if that helps,
-Jason

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker