GoZync Woes

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:08 pm
I love this solution - I can't wait to customize it for our business!

...However... I'm struggling getting the mobile.fp7 file from the demo to upload a new version to the server. Here's where I'm stuck, this is the error I get:

-push "prep file and upload" button
-"connected to host...do you want to proceed" window pops up, I hit "ok"
-"prep file for upload: warning" window open, I push "keep"
-ERROR WINDOW: "Mobile.fp7 could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk"

I've followed all the demo's instructions, I'm pretty sure I have my server connection right, does anyone have any brilliant ideas???

Thanks!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:03 pm
The other thing, as I'm playing with this solution, is that I'm actually MORE interested in the uploading process going the other way. So, I want any changes made to the "mothership" database downloaded to the "mobile" database that's stored on my device. Our industry is more about having the most current information at the palm of your hand while you're out of the office, and less about being able to add new records while you're offline.

Is GoZync the right product for this need?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:14 pm
Hi Kyra,

Thanks for posting this. I trust you're doing all this in FileMaker Pro (as you should be) as opposed to Go. I'm not really sure what would be the problem: the error your seeing is from when Zync writes a copy of your file (save as compacted) to the temporary path on your machine. It isn't about connecting to the server: it is literally about writing to your machine's temp path.

There is usually no reason why you couldn't write to this temporary path: it is always addressable by the logged in user. But you might try logging in to your machine as a different user: if you have one.

Failing that I'd quit FileMaker and try again. If the destination file were open (?) that would cause it and quitting FMP would resolve that so let me know.

Thanks again,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:19 pm
Regarding the "other thing". Yea, GoZync can do two things when it comes to bringing the mothership to the pad: it can bring down any found set (you have to configure this, of course) and /or it can bring down whole new files.

So if mothership runs on the iPad you could add the GoZync code to mothership and use GoZync to download new copies of mothership on to your iPad. Just as you're about to do with Mobile.fp7

Alternately you can bring records down from mothership, though if there are lots of new records or they are in lots of tables it may be easier to bring down a whole new file.

Would love to help if you need it.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to GoZync