Separation model setup

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:30 am
I'm planning to use GoZync with a solution that has separate data and interface files. For a variety of reasons, I may not want to allow downloads of new versions of the data file (with any luck, this won't be necessary anyhow), but I would like the ability for users to download new versions of the interface file.

Given that, would the best setup be to integrate GoZync into the interface file, referencing data tables in the separate data file for data transfers (does this work), and allowing for downloading of new versions of the interface file? Or would it be better to integrate GoZync into both files? If the latter, is there a subset of integration steps that could be used for the interface file, since I don't care about data transfers in that file, only the ability to download new versions? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:19 am
Hi,

Hope all's well.

You can integrate into just the UI file, but I might do both as you never know about delivering a new data file. But you're right that you don't need to do ALL of the integration.

I'd bring over all the layouts and scripts, but skip editing the Table Branch and Set Field stuff. That is where most of the work is, and it's only used for data zync, not file delivery.

Hope that helps,
Jason

Return to GoZync