Push to Host ends on wrong layout

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:19 am
I have a file setup to push records to a Hosted FileMaker server. Everything works normally but after clicking the "OK" on the "All Done" dialog box the "Close Connections Server" scripts run and my mobile file ends on the "New File Prep" layout.

The issue occurs when uploading records from FMPro. Does not happen on FMGo

What is the best way to get the script to return to layout the user started on?

I'm using GoZync1.3.8 on FM11
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:36 pm
Hi,

We're calling the Go to Layout [original layout] script step there at the end of our "Upload All Invoices To Server" script:

Script.png
Script.png (89.87 KiB) Viewed 15320 times

and that should work on Pro as well as Go. Is that what you have?

Thanks!
-Jason
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:22 am
I did some more troubleshooting. Looks like something goofy with an "AutoResize Window" Script I have running on Layout entry. When the GoZync "Push to Server" script ends it's on the correct layout but then the "AutoResize Window" Script runs and instead of resizing the window it changes the layout. It's kind of odd because the script is just a one line script with an autoresize window step.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:48 am
Hmmm? Not sure, wondering if this is putting the wrong window into focus somehow? but that's all I can think of.

Thanks for following up!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:01 am
I've done some more digging on this. The problem seems to be occurring in "Close Connections to Served Files Helper" script.

Toward the end of the script it Exports a .fpsl file and then re-opens that file. If I disable the "Export - Automatically Open" script step then the database returns to the original layout and stays there. When the script step is active it changes to the "New File Prep" layout.
Attachments
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz004.jpg
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz004.jpg (14.94 KiB) Viewed 15305 times
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:10 pm
I've just turned off that set of script steps in the Script. The process seems to work normally. Any reason that having those steps off would create a problem? They only activate in FileMaker the script skips them in FMGo.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:07 pm
Hey,

Sorry for the delay, I need to check with John on this, but I don't think that will hurt anything short term, but I'll have a better answer soon.

Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:22 am
Hi,

John believes the issue is in the script "ReOpen" in which you should just hard code then layout you'd like to land on.

Let me know if that helps.
-Jason

Return to GoZync