GoZync Passwords and security

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:43 am
I am a bit unclear on setting up passwords for GoZync as I test it out,

I would like to have my hosted solution and Hosted GoZinc files protected with passwords as the are on a server. I have not password protected the mobile app and Mobile GoZinc file and will use the device password for that.

What strategy should I use so my mobile user is not asked for a Password when they go to sync as obviously they would not be privy to the admin accounts.

C
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:44 am
Good choice on using device passwords for the mobile files. I'd suggest that you would want your mobile users asked for a password when they sync, but these passwords need not be full access, just whatever access the mobile user needs to get their data.

And if the mobile user is only pushing data up (not pulling and not "round tripping") they only need accounts in GoZyncHosted and don't need to authenticate into your main solution at all. =)

More on all this here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... 3.Security
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:35 am
Some good advice at that page http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... 3.Security

Does anybody have any script examples that I could copy? This is my attempt at the first one...
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:21 am
Hey Brian,

We don't really have any examples in stock copies here as folks set up their security in different ways, but what you have there looks good as it will prevent folks from being able to get full access in case they're not on the secured device.

Cheers!

Return to GoZync