Date Format - GoZync SetField?

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:05 am
I've now spent many, many hours plus considerable expense trying to get data syncing from our Hosted file to our Mobile file. This is finally starting to come together now but I've noticed that Dates are coming through in USA format!

This article mentions creating a clone and importing records:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ateFormats

That sounds like a lot of work for only a few Date fields so I clicked on the following link:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ction=edit

GoZync3
Intercepting Set Field
Password required
Password:

What! Why do I need a password to read a help document?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:32 am
Glad its coming together Brian.

You don't need a password to read our docs, but you to do edit them ;-) The page you're looking for isn't completed yet, so our wiki thought you wanted to finish it.

This is a good reminder for me to finish that so I'll do that now and send you a note when it's done. And that would be a nice way to deal with your dates if there are only a few of them.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:35 am
Great stuff, I eventually noticed the 'action=edit' bit at the end of the url...
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 am
Here is the finished article Brian: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=GoZync3.SetFieldTransformations
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:01 am
Thanks John, do you have any suggestions on how to set the Date Format?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:20 am
I'm a FileMaker beginner so trying to implement GoZync into my existing file turned out to be much more difficult than I first imagined. I was becoming more and more frustrated with the lack of response from this forum and also from SeedCode. So, I let off some steam and had a good old fashioned rant in here a couple of days ago.

I deleted that post this morning.

In retrospect, whilst some of my points were valid I thought that posting a list of them in a public forum wasn't the best way forward. I didn't give John and his team a proper opportunity to help resolve them.

John spent a couple of hours last night going through my files and helping me fix a few things via a lengthy email discussion. His patience and good humour (and obvious FM skills) made me realise that going with GoZync was a good business decision after all.

Thanks again John...
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:59 am
Thanks Brian!
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to GoZync