Round Trip syncs delete the new records on an iPad

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:50 am
Hi all,
I can open my Mobile file on my Macbook, enter a new record and successfully sync it up to the Hosted file.

However, when I try this from my iPad the record doesn't sync to the Hosted file and is deleted from the iPad for some reason.

I'm using the "Zync It - Public API - ( TOName ) { Action ; RecordID }" script with the following parameter:
"TOName = Incidents ; Action = Round Trip"

Any suggestions on why this works from a laptop but not an iPad?

Thanks
Brian.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:22 am
Hi Brian,

The most common reason would be that the iPad can't "see" your hosted files because you're using an external data source that only works from your Mac. BUT that's not the case here as your sync is continuing (you're deleting the record created on the iPad).

Sounds like the iPad's record is getting stuck in the InBox and can't be processed: I'd look there for errors and I imagine the errors will clue you in to what's happening.

Hard to guess from what little I know so far but it could be that your Mac is using a different account/password than the iPad (one that has access to write to your hosted file, where your iPad user doesn't) or it could be that you inadvertently have an older file on the iPad.

By the way, if you haven't upgraded to GoZync 3.171 I'd do that: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ionHistory
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:13 pm
Oops, did I double post this today?

There's another thread at viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3855 that Jason has been replying to...

It was a permissions issue, which I'll test fully once I've cleared up the current problem relating to Cloned gz files after updating to 3.17.1

Thanks
Brian.

Return to GoZync