Similar, Delete on roundtrip sync w/out delete configured

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:55 am
Similar to Brian, I also (today too!) had a similar experience.

A Dialog on the iPhone during sync:

"Confirm"
"Permanently delete ALL (##) records in the current found set? [Yes]/[No]"

Checking the Integration settings they appear correctly configured. They are set for 'Round trip' *without* delete sent records before pulling from Host set.

The script that is performing the deletes is 'Delete Records Not In The IDs List (IDs)' the script step is right after the comment line 'added FBz 18591'

Mark
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:55 am
Hi Mark,

That's actually not the script that's tied to the setting in the dashboard. That setting is only supposed to affect the found set on the mobile.

The script that you're referencing is used to interpret deletions that have occurred on the hosted side and can't be disabled from settings. There's something going on with the package of information getting sent back to the mobile file from the hosted one. It should include a list of IDs of the records NOT to delete. If that list is empty it runs the Delete All part that you're encountering.

Are you seeing any errors in either the mobile or hosted logs?

Thanks!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:12 am
JasonYoung wrote:Hi Mark,

That's actually not the script that's tied to the setting in the dashboard. That setting is only supposed to affect the found set on the mobile.

The script that you're referencing is used to interpret deletions that have occurred on the hosted side and can't be disabled from settings. There's something going on with the package of information getting sent back to the mobile file from the hosted one. It should include a list of IDs of the records NOT to delete. If that list is empty it runs the Delete All part that you're encountering.

Are you seeing any errors in either the mobile or hosted logs?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in responding - other responsibilities.

I found that the Filter I was sending was the culprit. There were records with the field being filtered on NOT having the value I was expecting and so it was deleting those records on the FMGo side.

Thanks for the hint to look under the hood! Mark

Return to GoZync