GoZyncHosted file size and offline editing

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:37 am
I've noticed that in a short time, my GoZyncHosted file size has increased to nearly 300MB, which is nearly twice the size of the database files I'm syncing. It appears that the Inbox table is rapidly growing and contains photo images from our database in it's attachments field. Should this be happening and can this table be cleared?

Also, I'm working on other apps and would prefer to configure the GoZync files on my desktop rather than the server. But I need to keep GoZyncHosted open on the server to service other released apps while I'm doing this. If I then replace the GoZyncHosted file on the server with the one I've been configuring offline, is there anything essential to its operation that will be lost as a result of syncs that have taken place since I copied the file for offline editing?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:06 am
Hi Steve,

Sounds like you need to delete your inbox records. Read the "Deleting InBox Records" section here:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... Processing

As for updating/replacing your GoZyncHosted file, there are a few things to be aware of:

1. Make sure all inbox records have been processed.

2. If you are using field-level merge on the Pull for any tables, the ZyncDB is stored in GZH and you'll want to import its contents into your new copy before you serve it.

3. If you have updated your mobile files and uploaded them, those files are stored in GZH as well. You can either import those records or just Prep & Upload new copies of your mobile files to the newly hosted copy of GZH.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Jeff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:41 pm
Thanks Jeff. This was exactly the info I needed.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:13 pm
Excellent! Thanks for the feedback. :)

Return to GoZync