Checking for new version - GoZync 4

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:05 am
I am running the script to check for a new version from my app on the iPhone. I get the message "Error. This file is locked or in use." Everything looks normal on FM Server. I'm not sure where to look for the source of the problem. Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:29 pm
Hi Randy. That doesn't sound like a GoZync error message. It might not even be a FileMaker error. It could be due to a file-permissions setting, though it might be hard to tell which file it's coming from. I would check the file-permissions settings for all of your files (File > Get Info), and make sure they're all set to "Read & Write" (not just "Ready Only"). If you make any changes you might have to re-deploy the mobile files to your iPhone. I hope that helps. :) - Jeff
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:31 am
UPDATE: Turns out this IS a GoZync issue. My apologies for not realizing that at first. In GoZync 4, when you run the "Check for Updates" script from your mobile file on an iOS device (and answer 'yes' to the "would you like to install the update" question), the existing files aren't being properly closed before GoZync attempts to install the newer ones, and that's when you see the FileMaker "file is locked or in use" error message. We're working on a fix and we'll publish those instructions very soon. Stay tuned.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:00 am
Hi Randy,

To fix the "file is locked" problem, you need to add a "Close File [Current File]" step at the end of the "Check For Updates (File)" script in GoZyncMobile (see attached screen shot).

Jeff
Attachments
gzm_check_for_updates.png
gzm_check_for_updates.png (297.75 KiB) Viewed 6915 times
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:45 pm
I'm seeing this same error in 4.x and I notice that that line is missing from Check For Updates. Is that purposeful? Any correlation? I'm adding it and testing right now....
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:03 pm
Hey Joe,

That line wasn't omitted on purpose and you'll want to add close file to the end of Check for Updates as Jeff shows in his screen shot.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to GoZync