Do I need all GZM "apps" on a device?

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:23 am
In my current situation, I have the QuickContact sample app plus "MyApp" in GZM. For testing MyApp, I don't bother having QuickContact on the device as this will be the case for all my users - they will only have a few of the apps in GZM on their device. When I invoke the script (goZync 4) to check for updates I get a message "Hosted files aren't open. At least one of the hosted files is not open. You will need to re-open the files." This message doesn't appear when I have installed the QuickContact app on the phone.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:42 pm
Hi Randy,

If you aren't using the QuickContact app you should remove it. Read the "Removing the Sample File" section here fore some tips for how to do that:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ampleFiles

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:01 pm
Sorry - I was just using the QuickContact as an example as a second app. My question is if I have 2 users who use 2 different apps, do both users need to have both apps on their device, even though they only use the one?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:34 pm
No, they don't. You could send each mobile user a customized version of GoZyncMobile referencing only that user's app. You really wouldn't be able to use the update distribution feature that's built into GoZyncHosted though. You'd have to send out updates as email attachments, and make sure the file names don't get changed. That could get tedious if you update the apps very often.

I hope that helps.

Jeff

Return to GoZync