Check for Updates with GoZync 4

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:32 am
Having an issue with check for updates to GZM and the solution mobile file. The script says there are new files to install. Tapping Install drops user out to the FileMaker Go home screen and the files are not updated.

I did find this thread
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3899&p=10300&hilit=check+for+updates#p10300
and made sure that the Close File step is present at the end of the Check for Updates script.

Note also that I am NOT getting a file locked error as was found in the above thread.

In addition, I made sure that the GZM and solution mobile files were uploaded propertly to GZH by downloading reved files from GZH from the download tab.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:20 pm
Hi Darren. First thing you should do is update your GoZync files to the latest version, 4.052. We fixed a number of bugs related to the "Check for Updates" routine in that release. Here's our version history page where you can find links to instructions for updating your files:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ionHistory

If that doesn't fix the problem, please send me detailed instructions for how I can reproduce the problem you're seeing.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:12 pm
Ok, will do that, and I am pretty sure I already upgraded to 4.052. Stay tuned.

Return to GoZync