Gozync 4 Errors on sync

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:56 am
Just completed upgrading to gozync 4, When opening the mobile file i'm getting a error about the GTRR script.

"There was an error with the GTRR setup. please take another look at the script setup Go To Related Records (TOName)"

if i ok the error and start the sync from within the mobile file again to works.

Also (possible related) when it does this it always seems to pull all records down, subsequent sync work fine.

Then the error will occur again and the next successful sync will pull everything down again.

i'm also seeing the following error on the server but i don't know if its related.

authentication failed on database "GoZyncLicense.fmp12" using "Admin [fmapp]".

i'm also seeing connection interrupted errors from fmp12/go but gozync is only reporting the GTRR issue
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:11 pm
You'll need to make sure that GTRR script is set up correctly before you can expect any synching to work. Here's our online document that will help you with that process:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... .SetupGTRR

If you still have trouble, send me your files and I'll help you figure out what's wrong.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:30 pm
The
--> Then Run This...Test "Setup Go To Related Records (TOName)" Script

reports all is ok and the sync will work sometimes.

but the first time it works after GoZyncMobile errors it pulls all files down regardless of whats already on the mobile file.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:23 pm
When the error occurs i am seeing the following

Error Msg 1.png
Error Msg 1.png (111.39 KiB) Viewed 13253 times

so i think the GTRR error is caused because the mobile file is dropping the connection with the hosted file. Oddly this is happening even if i have a database on the same server open.

edit:
After further investigation the dropping of the hosted file is occurring somewhere between the initiation of the licence check and the meta data sync. Once the connection breaks it can sometimes be restored by a fmp reboot or if you refresh the gozync mobile file from the dashboard. But doing either of these seems to cause the metadata to be lost requiring a full round robin sync of all records on every TO.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:50 pm
That message you're seeing is just FileMaker telling you the hosted files were closed because your network connection was lost. GoZync is designed to revert any incomplete "transactions" (partial record syncs) when you lose your network connection fr any reason in the middle of a sync routine. Are you saying this is happening at the same point in the syncing process every time?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:59 am
Yes, It is happening at the same time in the sync process. As best as i can tell it occurs after the Check network connection script successfully runs but before the "pull meta data and settings down from host" script runs. Also as i mentioned if it fails then it seems to reset the last synced flag as the next successful sync does a full pull of records from the hosted file.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:39 am
Would it be possible for you to try a sync with all the files locally so we can rule out any network issues? Also please make sure that you started with all of the Gozync 4 files when you did your integration. So your license file and GoZync hosted files should both be from GoZync 4.

Thanks,

Tanner
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:13 am
It seems to work fine locally, but it does not fail every time so i can't be certain.

All the files are gozync 4 files. Could it be that the machine running filemaker server is a windows 7 PC thats causing the issue?
it's strange that the loss of connection/failure occurs at exactly the same point in the sync every time it fails and everytime the failure occurs, the next zync-everything pulls all records down to the mobile file.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:50 pm
We're not exactly sure what's going on to cause the interruption you keep experiencing. One idea we had is to close those hosted files after synching, which is something you can control in the "Finish Sync" script in GoZyncMobile. Change the calc to "1=1" in the If[] step right after the "Close the hosted files?" comment (the default is "1=0", which means the hosted files will remain open between syncs). Let us know if that makes a difference.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:59 pm
Closing the files has made no difference, This can happen the first time you try to sync after opening fmp/go or it can happen after 10-15 successful syncs.

i know that every time the failure occurs it is between the Check network connection script and the "pull meta data and settings down from host".

the script that returns with the value for the filepath of the hosted file completes and returns the correct fmnet:/(ip address)/GoZyncHosted.fmp12 value. Then after a short pause you get the Communication with the host was interrupted message. It is interesting to note that the message is reported from the GoZyncHosted file on the server as can be seen on the screen shot below.

i am using 4.052 of gozync.

If you try to sync again after a failed sync without quitting ect it reports that it has an network connection but couldn't reach GoZync Hosted.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:12 pm
Are you saying this is happening randomly (not on every sync), though when it does happen, it's at about the same point in the process? An unreliable network would explain this. The "Check Network Connection" script is where we check for a network connection. If you've lost your network connection, the subsequent "Pull MetaData and Settings down from Host" script would fail. That all makes sense. I'd say the next step is to try this on a different network.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:25 pm
I am going to change the server machine over to a different machine.

i am noticing
Client "Stuart Rickards (Stuart’s MacBook Pro) [ip Address]" authentication failed on database "GoZyncLicense.fmp12" using "Stuart Rickards [fmapp]".
in the fms logs i don't know if thats relevant as it did sync that time.

it does seem intermittent however I have tested with syncing two devices on the same local wifi network at the same time. one failed and the other succeeded.

The machine hosting FMS is a windows 7 pro (64 bit) PC so i'm going to swap it to a windows server and see if that makes any difference.

Also not sure of the relevance but once it fails it will not sync again until you click refresh on the gozyncmobile dashboard and that can even be after a full quit out of FMP and relaunch.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:35 pm
That authentication failure is normal, since the GoZyncLicense file is locked. The network interruption is still a mystery, but you should definitely rule out the network itself by installing the files on a different network. I'd suggest you do that before changing the actual server.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:38 pm
Its actually easier to change the server.

speedtest wise the server machine is showing 90.80mbps downstream and 65.57mbps upstream speed
and the client end it 61.6mbps by 2.98 mbps.
we are connecting over a PPTP VPN Connection via a draytek router.

Return to GoZync