Drop down list to select primary key field is empty?

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:46 am
Hi,

I have set up a whole bunch of TO's to be synched for our solution, and I have linked a bunch of them, but I have one that I am unable to link back to the parent as the drop down list to select the foreign key field is empty.

Linking on the gzh side has worked fine, this is just the gzm side of the relationship that I can't get working.

I have done some digging and playing around with the script debugger and data viewer and have discovered the following.

FileMaker is trying to issue the following command:

FieldNames ( "GoZyncMobile" ; "gzm_assessmentBuilding" )

I have put this command into the data viewer, and when I step through the code I see that the command returns the field list right up until the layout changes to "Requires Mobile".

As far as I can tell gzm_assessmentBuilding has been set up the exact same way as all of my other relationships and layouts so I am not sure why it isn't working.

I even went as far as adding in a second value to my data viewer:

FieldNames ( "GoZyncMobile" ; "gzm_assessment" )

This seems to always return the correct value.

Even if I swap between the "Requires Hosted" and the "Requires Mobile" layouts while in layout mode I can see the first value works on the first layout then stops when I go to the second layout, the second value works on both layouts.

As both of those layouts are based on the same TO this seems even more strange to me?

Any ideas on where I can look to get this sorted?

Should go without saying as the function does work sometimes, but I have confirmed that in GoZyncMobile my gzm_assessmentBuilding layout is named correctly and has a bunch of fields on it.

Thanks,

Paul.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:48 am
My first suspicion is that there is a field in the assessmentBuilding table in your mobile file that contains an unusual character that's getting in the way. Not sure what it would be, but try to avoid anything that isn't a letter, number or underscore. I even avoid spaces, but that's just me. :)

Try removing any odd characters from your field names and try it again. If it still doesn't work send me your files ([email protected]) and I'll help you figure it out.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:23 pm
jeffalmquist wrote:My first suspicion is that there is a field in the assessmentBuilding table in your mobile file that contains an unusual character that's getting in the way. Not sure what it would be, but try to avoid anything that isn't a letter, number or underscore. I even avoid spaces, but that's just me. :)

Try removing any odd characters from your field names and try it again. If it still doesn't work send me your files ([email protected]) and I'll help you figure it out.

Hi Jeff,

If that was the case I would expect the function to never work, the fact that it does in fact return the list of field names when I am on any layout other than the "Requires Mobile" layout would indicate that this is not the problem?

Is there something special about that layout? How is it different to the "Requires Hosted" layout?

I will double check the field names when I get a chance later today, but as I use a strict naming convention I would be surprised if there is anything weird in there, all of my tables use the same naming conventions for field names.

Thanks,

Paul.

Return to GoZync