RoundTrip Push Pushes All Not Changed

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:58 pm
Hi All,

This is my first "round trip" Zync project so I'm in new terriotory...using newest GoZync 4.053.

I noticed that when the "push" of the round trip runs, all the records get pushed, not just the changed records.

Any way you could point me to some areas I might look at?

I'm using Filter Records to Sync and am unclear on how these perform on the "push" (they are working correctly on the pull).

thanks,
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:40 am
Hi Maida. Are you saying there are records on the iPad that you don't want to be on the server? Or are you saying records that have already been pushed are being re-pushed unnecessarily? If the latter is true, it's the "gz_Send" field in your mobile file that determines which records get pushed. Double-check that the auto-enter calc on that field is working. IF you still can't figure it out, send me your files at [email protected] and I'll have a look.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:41 pm
Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply.

What I meant was there are records on the iPad that don't need to be pushed to the server (they have not changed). Yet they are still being pushed.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:41 pm
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for pointing me to gz_Send, where I could see all my records were indeed marked to push. I have now tracked down a script that is running before sync that is mod'ing all the records in the table...I didn't write this so didn't know it was there. Hooray, gotta get that out of there now.

Best,
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:47 pm
Sounds good, Maida. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Return to GoZync