How to sync two different FM Solutions with GoZync 4.0?

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:31 am
Hello,

i have two solutions who run syncs with GoZync. This worked with GoZync 3.0, now i try migrating to 4.0.
In 3.0 i had two versions of GZM and one GZH. This way seems not to work in 4.0. It looks like GZH can handle only one version of GZM? When i press "Refresh" GZH shows only the TO´s of the GZM which is actually open and the entry from the other application disappears.

One GZM don´t work for me because it trys to sync both Applications.

Which is the best way to configure sync for two different Applications? Two Versions of GZM and GZH?

Thanks in advance!

Torsten
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:05 am
Hi Torsten. Honestly I'm not sure why that would have worked in GZ3, but it was never intended to be used with more than one version of the GoZyncMobile file. You can have more than one mobile app configured in the same coy of GZM. Set up your buttons and scripts in each app to explicitly sync only the appropriate tables for that app. Then just have each mobile user download only the file they need. HTH -Jeff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:53 am
Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply.

That means i have to modify the script "Zync It - This Table (TO Name - optional)" so that each app is only synchronising its own TO? Can you explain how to modify the Parameter? Now i have "appname" & $name, but this don´t work. Error Message:

Script Error
There was a problem with the script:
" ". Click OK to continue or HALT to
stop (HALT is safer).
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:37 am
The syntax for the script parameter is like this (including the quotes):

"TOName = Projects"

or if you're using a variable...

"TOName = " & $name

You can read more about that here:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... nc4.ZyncIt

However, if you're on a layout that's associated with the table you want to sync, then you don't need the script parameter.

Also, although GoZync doesn't officially support multiple versions of the GoZyncMobile file, you could actually do that with a few modifications. The "GoZyncMobile" file name is hard-coded in several scripts in the mobile file (QuickContact), so you'll just have to find all of those references and update them to reflect whatever you change the name of the different GoZyncMobile files to. I know it's in the "Zync - OpenGZM2" and "Zync - OpenGZM By hand" scripts (see attached screen shots). It may be elsewhere, too. Like I said, we don't officially support that scenario so you'll just need to test everything to make sure it works. Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in having us do for you and I'll get back to you with an estimate.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 10.30.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 10.30.56 AM.png (124.34 KiB) Viewed 26392 times
Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 10.31.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 10.31.04 AM.png (109.82 KiB) Viewed 26392 times
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:22 am
Hi Jeff,

i changed the syntax for the script parameter, now i get Error100:

There doesn´t appear to be a branch in the Script "SCRIPTNAME" for the Table Occurence "gzm_Antworten", or the branch is not configured properly.

Is this the GTRR Script?

See how the branch for "Antworten" in GTRR is configured:

#Hosted Side

Sonst, wenn [$TOName = "gzh_Antworten"]

Gehe zu Bezugsdatensatz [Nur Bezugsdatensätze zeigen; Aus Tabelle: "gzh_Antworten";Mit Layout: $TOName]

#Mobile Side

Sonst, wenn [$TOName = "gzm_Antworten"]

Gehe zu Bezugsdatensatz [Nur Bezugsdatensätze zeigen; Aus Tabelle: "gzm_Antworten";Mit Layout: $TOName]
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:01 pm
I don't speak German, but I *think* your script is set up correctly. I think the problem is probably somewhere else. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot this but I'll need to see your files. If your files zip down to under 15 MB, you can email them to us at [email protected] . If they're larger than that, you can use this free service: http://www.sendbigfiles.com . Please be sure to include the full-access account name and password.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:47 am
Hi Jeff,

many thanks for your offer!

But first i have another Question. Solution 1 is working without Problems. There is only one TO to Sync, and the Script "Zync It - This Table (TO Name - optional)" was not changed.

Solution 2 has two TO´s to sync. I´am trying to sync with the Script "Zync it - Everything", because it is started from another Layout. When the sync starts, Error:-200 appears. It complains that there isn´t a branch for the TO from Solution 1!? The TO of Solution 1 is not wired up in the GoZyncmobile file i use here.

First i thought, this behavior is coming from the GoZyncHosted file, because it includes the TO´s from both solutions. But why Solution 1 is working fine? Shouldn´t it not complaining too about the missing TO´s of Solution 2? :cry:
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:25 am
When you use the "Zync It - This Table" script you are effectively specifying the table you want to sync, but when you use the "Zync It - Everything" script, GoZync goes down the whole list of tables that are configured in GoZyncHosted. Use the "Zync It - Public API" script in GoZyncMobile when syncing from Solution 2 and just specify the two tables you want to sync in the script parameter. Read the "Call in the API scripts in GoZyncMobile directly" section here more info about how to set that up: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... nc4.ZyncIt
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:31 am
Hello Jeff,

many thanks for your help, now it works! :D

But now the fields "gz_Sent" in my synced Table where not set to "1"! Do you know the reason for this behavior?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:31 am
Glad that helped! "gz_Sent" (that's no longer used in GoZync 4, by the way) is a simple Auto-Enter calc. It largely depends on "gz_TimeStampSent" being set: was that field set? If not then the record probably wasn't pushed because you asked to push a different table?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:39 am
Hello Jeff,

"gz_TimeStampSent" is emtpy, but "gz_TimeStampZynced" shows the Sync Date!

The Data was send correctly to my hosted file.

Edit: TimeStampZynced would be enough for me, i need this information to indicate if the Data was send or not.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:30 am
=)

Sounds like you upgraded to GoZync 4 and left the GoZync 3x fields in place. GZ4 only uses the following fields:

gz_ModTimeStamp
gz_Send
gz_LatestAction
gz_TimeStampZynced

So it would set "gz_TimeStampZynced" and ignore "gz_TimeStampSent". Having these extra fields isn't going to harm the sync... but you may want to pull the extra gz_... fields.

If I'm right about the upgrade, then this...
But now the fields "gz_Sent" in my synced Table where not set to "1"! Do you know the reason for this behavior?

...isn't a problem unless you're using that field in your interface for users. (I'd use "gz_LatestAction" if you want to give your users feedback about what happened.)

Best,

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to GoZync