Unstored Calcs in the host file

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:46 am
Hi,

How does GoZync handle fields that are unstored calculations in the host file, will it pull down the results of those fields to to a mobile file?

Ideally I'd like to not have run the calculations on the iPads and just have ordinary number fields populated with the results of the unstored calc when a user synchs.

I have just modified some existing tables etc in the hope that it would do just that, but it doesn't seem to be, but I may have missed something during the process.

Thanks

Carl
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:22 am
Hi Carl. Yes, you can do that. If the field is a calc in the hosted file and a regular data field in the mobile file, then GoZync will automatically pull that field and not try to push it. Just make sure that field has the exact same name in both files. HTH -Jeff
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:49 am
A clarification... The calculated version of the field (the one in the hosted file in our example) needs to be on that table's sync layout ("gzh_..." in GoZyncMobile), but the corresponding data field from your mobile file should NOT be on its sync layout ("gzm_..."). If it is, you'll get an error when pushing. More about all of that here:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... CalcFields

Return to GoZync