No Updates Available

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:11 am
Hi,
For info, we have just upgraded to FM 13, moved hosts and also developed a new Mobile file.

I prepped and uploaded MyFileMobile to gzHosted. The build numbers match but when I check for Updates on my iPad, I receive the following message:

New File Available
There is a new version of "GoZyncMobile.fmp12" available. Do you want to install it?

(Please note there is no mention of my file "MyFileMobile.fmp12)

A pop-up appears asking for credentials to log in to gzMobile and when it opens on the Mobile Apps tab, there is an option to download the New Version of MyFileMobile.fmp12

However, when I click the button a message appears stating:

No Updates Available
There are no updates available at this time.

Does anyone know what could be happening here? I'm sure we used to download both files with seeing any grey screens in gzMobile.

Thanks
Brian.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:05 am
Hi Brian. I'm not sure what's going on but I'd be happy to have a look at your files and help you figure it out. You can send them to us at [email protected]

-Jeff
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:37 pm
I got your files and everything looks correct. The build number, which is stored as the first value in the Auto Enter Serial Number Next Value for the gz::MetaData field (the part before the first pipe character) is the same as the version of the file currently available for download in GoZyncHosted (107 right now). So that's why there is currently no update available for that file (you already have the latest version). If a mobile user has an older version of the file (<=106), then they'd be able to download version 107. I feel like I'm missing something here, so please send more details if that's the case. -Jeff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:41 pm
Apologies Jeff, due to the failed Update File issue I manually copied the file down.

I have now 'prepped and uploaded' fresh Mobile files to gzHosted, could you try updating your copy now and see if it errors?

Click:
Actions | Update File

Thanks
Brian.

Return to GoZync