Recurring Pulls, even right after sync

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:46 am
Hi,

What would cause recurring pulls to happen, even right after a sync? Where would be the best place to look at why my timestamps (I'm guessing on the server) are not being updated?

See this video - it is two consecutive pulls:
http://screencast.com/t/Lt9adVIwu3

Thanks,

Joe
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:13 am
Hi Joe. I'm not sure what's going on but I'd be happy to help you figure it out if you don't mind sending me your files. Send them to [email protected] and please be sure to include the full-access account name and password. -Jeff
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:55 pm
Looping back on this - I'm starting to wonder if it is the time zone difference between me and my FMS. I currently have a gz_modstampfeeder which I think you guys helped me figure out back in v3 or so. Now when I search for information on gz_modstampfeeder on your site I can't seem to find any.

So if I pull at 3:15pm and I'm in Seattle, and my server is in Chicago where it marks gz_modtimestamp as 5:15 pm, then I immediately try to pull again, my client will see 5:15 pm as "later" than my iPad, and pull again, correct?

Can you get me more information about gz_modstampfeeder? I think you used to have a section on it but I can't find it anymore. Is it still able to be used in v4.x?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:55 am
Hi Joe. Here's that info about how to add a gz_ModTimeStampFeeder field to accommodate a time-zone difference:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... .TimeZones
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:30 pm
jeffalmquist wrote:Hi Joe. Here's that info about how to add a gz_ModTimeStampFeeder field to accommodate a time-zone difference:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... .TimeZones

I had the gz_ModTimeStampFeeder and gz_ModTimeStamp fields set up as in the wiki, prior to the post, and it is still exhibiting time zone issues. When I set the clock to CST, it doesn't pull, but if I'm in my own time zone (PST) it will continue to pull and pull until PST +2 hours happens. Any other suggestions?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:39 am
Hi Joe,

There was a time-zone problem in early versions of GoZync 4. This might be what's going on in your files. You can implement the fix with three easy script changes:

1. Create a new script in GoZyncHosted called "Get CurrentHostTimestamp" containing just one step:

Exit Script [Get (CurrentHostTimestamp)]

2. Add these three steps at the very end of the "Pull MetaData and Settings down from Host" script in GoZyncMobile:

Perform Script ["Get CurrentHostTimestamp" from file: "GoZyncHosted"]
Set Variable [$hostTimeStamp; Value:Get (ScriptResult)]
Set Variable [$$gz_TimeStampOffsetFromHost; Value: $hostTimeStamp - Get (CurrentTimeStamp)]

3. Edit the Set Field calculation toward the end of the "Pull Selected TO" script in GoZyncMobile, following the "Save the Last Time Zync" comment, so it looks like this:

GetAsTimestamp ( Get (CurrentHostTimeStamp) + $$gz_TimeStampOffsetFromHost )

That's it. I'm also attaching screen shots of each of these script edits. Let me know how it goes.

Jeff
Attachments
default-2.png
default-2.png (92.29 KiB) Viewed 16532 times
default-1.png
default-1.png (42.86 KiB) Viewed 16532 times
default.png
default.png (134.8 KiB) Viewed 16532 times
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:39 pm
Great. I will give this a shot and see how it goes. I did not have these modifications in place already. Thanks.

Return to GoZync