gz_send not being updated after round trip

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:55 pm
Hi again,

I have noticed my tool has failed to allow auto updates for a while. I finally dug into it and found that one of my TOs (Model/Serial/Cycle) never has its gz_Send value updated after a zync (round trip, push, pull, doesn't matter). Why would this happen? I've found that if I add records to MSC on the iPad, then push, the push works, but the gz_Send value is not changing.

I have gz_Send set to
Code: Select all
Let(
[
trigger = gz_ModTimeStamp
];
Case(
   $gz_AllowZero; 0;
)
)

/*
This field is set to 1 when ever a change is made to the record. EXCEPT when that change is made by the GoZync processes, which all occur on a TO named "GoZync"
*/

Which is the default that came with QuickContact. Any idea why it wouldn't alter the value? gz_Send is correctly reset after other zyncs in other TOs. Thanks
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 4.51.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 4.51.05 PM.png (135.56 KiB) Viewed 11964 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:50 am
Hi Joe. I guess I'm not quite sure what you're saying the problem is. You said "the push works, but the gz_Send value is not changing". The gz_Send field changes to "1" when the record is edited, to flag it for inclusion in the next push. Once pushed, gz_Send goes back to "0". Are you seeing something other than that? -Jeff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:42 am
Correct. Right after a push (or round trip for that matter) gz_Send remains at 1. That screen snap was immediately after a push. Note all other TOs that have gz_send in it get reset after the push; I'm not sure why the MSC TO is different but I'm curious the best way to track down where that gets set back to 0 (in your scripts).
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:55 am
Hi Joe. Sorry I'm still not clear about what your screen shot is showing. I see two separate windows and I'm not sure if those are separate screen shots of the same records, or different records and/or tables. In the bottom image, all but the last record show gz_Send=0. That last record shows "Modified", and a mod timestamp of almost a minute later than the one marked "Pushed" above it. So I don't see anything in your screen shot(s) that tells a problematic story. Can you send more details about the problem those screen shots are showing? I might also need to get copies of your files to help you with any troubleshooting. But I would still need to understand exactly what the problem is. Let me know. -Jeff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:28 am
jeffalmquist wrote:Hi Joe. Sorry I'm still not clear about what your screen shot is showing. I see two separate windows and I'm not sure if those are separate screen shots of the same records, or different records and/or tables. In the bottom image, all but the last record show gz_Send=0. That last record shows "Modified", and a mod timestamp of almost a minute later than the one marked "Pushed" above it. So I don't see anything in your screen shot(s) that tells a problematic story. Can you send more details about the problem those screen shots are showing? I might also need to get copies of your files to help you with any troubleshooting. But I would still need to understand exactly what the problem is. Let me know. -Jeff

I emailed you the files and more details.

Return to GoZync