Error file could not be opened

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:10 pm
I've been dealing with this problem for quite some time now and cannot figure it out. Hopefully someone here can give me a hand.

I have multiple files that are all being zynced using the same gozynchosted file, but not every mobile device has all of the files on it, for example I have a time tracking file being used on some employee iPads and a shop maintenance file used on others. The issue I have is that every time I install a new version using the "check for updates (file)" script I get the message "Error This file "TimeClockUser.fmp12" could not be opened. (Not Found)". I can cancel the error but I get an error message for each one of the files that I do not have on the device. The more files I add the longer it takes to cancel out of each missing file error. Is there anyway I can stop GoZync from checking for the files not on the device and just install the new version of the file that is on the device?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and please ask for more information if necessary.

Thank You
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:02 am
Hi Jason. This is a known issue. When you go into Find Mode on a layout that has related TOs, FileMaker tries to open all files associated with those related TOs, and unfortunately this happens twice during the "Zync - Check For Updates" script. We may redesign this part of GoZync in a future version. For now, one workaround would be to simply go ahead and put all of the mobile files on everyone's iPad. If you don't want all users to have the same access to these additional files, just set up their accounts in those other files to use privilege sets to have limited access. -Jeff

Return to GoZync