Updating to GoZync 5.08

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:21 am
First, make a reliable backup of your files before making any changes.

Make sure you’re already running GoZync build 5.06. If not, follow the instructions here to get updated to build 5.06.

Download the latest version of the GoZync files here.

Then, follow these changes for GoZyncHosted, GoZyncMobile, and your mobile file.

GoZyncHosted

Replace your copy of GoZyncHosted with the new GoZyncHosted file from the latest download package. If you have any unique options enabled in your GoZyncHosted sync configuration, such as “Requires…” relationships or field level merge, keep your original GoZyncHosted file handy to refer to later. In the new GoZyncHosted, make these three changes:

1. Re-enter your license information. If you don't have it, contact us at [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] with either your original order number or the email address you used to make the purchase, and we'll look it up for you.

2. On the “Downloads” screen, delete “GoZyncMobile” and “WorxMobile”; you'll upload your own mobile files after you've completed these updates.

3. Edit the "Call Test GTRR in their Hosted File" script. Change the Perform Script step to run the "TEST Go To Related Records (Parent and Child To Test)" script from your hosted file. Be mindful of the comments, editing the script parameter in the Perform Script step and the script result in the Exit Script step.

GoZyncMobile

From GoZyncMobile in the latest package, copy the two new custom functions, URLScheme and isNativeApp, and paste them into your GoZyncMobile file.

Update the following seven scripts in your GoZyncMobile file. Don't delete the scripts themselves; instead, find each of these scripts in your GoZyncMobile file, use the "Select All" command to select and delete the entire contents. Then, copy the *contents* from the same scripts in the new GoZyncMobile, and paste them into the corresponding scripts in your GoZyncMobile file.

Close and Re-Open GZM
Check For Updates (File)
Launch File
Pull MetaData and Settings down from Host
Start Sync
Test Layout Table Names
Send File(s) Up To GZH

Your Mobile File

From WorxMobile in the latest package, copy three new custom functions, URLScheme, __GoZyncMobile__, and isNativeApp, and paste them into your mobile file.

Update the following two scripts in your mobile file. Don’t delete the scripts themselves; instead, find each of these scripts in your mobile file, use the "Select All" command to select and delete the entire contents. Then, copy the *contents* from the same scripts in WorxMobile, and paste them into the corresponding scripts in your mobile file.

Zync - OpenGZM By hand
Zync - OpenGZM2

Back in the new GoZyncHosted

Click on the “refresh & check for errors” button in GoZyncHosted.

If necessary, make any changes to your sync configuration, referring to your original GoZyncHosted as needed. Close the original GoZyncHosted, and click the “refresh & check for errors” again.

Now, run the “Zync - Prep and Upload…” script from your mobile file to upload GoZyncMobile and your mobile file to the new GoZyncHosted.

That's it! Enjoy GoZync 5.08.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:15 am
Great to see this!

I followed the instructions and upgraded my development files and noticed that you apparently need the "URLScheme" custom function as well as the "__GoZyncMobile__" custom function in your mobile file, as one of the scripts pasted into the mobile file will comment out a calc without the URLScheme CF.

Unfortunately, I'm now getting error -2, "No fields on layout" errors when I try to sync. After investigation, it seems my re-naming of GoZyncMobile is not "sticking" in the new copy of GoZyncHosted; i.e., when I re-open GZH, the file name in the GoZyncMobile File Name popover has reverted to the default "GoZyncMobile".

So, I reverted my GZM to its default name, reversed all the other changes required to support GZM file re-naming, and now everything seems to work correctly.

I also had clients getting rare & random 101 errors and occasional mysteriously disappearing child records, so I'm glad to see it wasn't just my imagination! :lol:
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:47 am
Hi Pete,

Thanks so much for following up on this! Glad to hear your excitement about this update. And thanks for catching that omission for the new mobile file custom functions! We've edited the update instructions to include the URLScheme and IsNativeApp custom functions.

To confirm, in changing the name of GoZyncMobile, did you follow the 5.08 update instructions AND the renaming instructions found at the link below?

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... amingFiles

I'm unable to reproduce the issue of the new GZM name not "sticking" in GoZyncHosted. You've replaced your previous GoZyncHosted with a fresh copy from the 5.08 files, correct?

Thanks again,
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:55 am
Hi Dan,

I did follow those instructions, but not sure I did it in the correct order. I will try again and let you know how I make out.

Return to GoZync