Updating to GoZync 5.09

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:14 pm
First, make a reliable backup of your files before making any changes.

Make sure you’re already running GoZync build 5.08. If not, follow the instructions here to get updated to build 5.06.

Then, follow these changes to be made in GoZyncMobile, and your hosted file.

Remember that when this is completed you'll need to distribute a new copy of GoZyncMobile to your users. If it's been a while since you've done that, instructions are easy to follow.

GoZyncMobile

1. Edit the field definition for the field Tableoccurences::LastTimeZync and change this storage of this field to a number.

2. Edit the script "Pull TOs ( List( TONames|RecordID ) )" and find line 23 where the LastTimeZync is set. Change the value set to this: Get(CurrentTimeUTCMilliseconds)

3. Edit the script "Pull Selected TO" and find line 49 where the LastTimeZync is set. Change the value set to this: Get(CurrentTimeUTCMilliseconds)

Your Hosted File

1. In each of the synced tables in your hosted file, you'll be changing the definition of the field gz_ModTimeStamp. Make the following 3 changes to each instance of this field.

1.1. Change the storage of this field to a number.

1.2. Turn off the field's auto-enter of the modification timestamp.

1.3. Add an auto-enter calculated value with the following definition:

Code: Select all
Let(
[
x= GetField("")
];
Get(CurrentTimeUTCMilliseconds)
)

Be sure to UNcheck "Do not replace existing value..."

2. Update the "Get IDS Needed For Sync PSOS" script in your hosted file. Don't delete the script itself; instead, find the script in your hosted file, use the "Select All" command to select and delete the entire contents. Then, copy the *contents* from the same script in the new WorxHosted file, and paste it into the corresponding script in your Hosted file.

That's it! Enjoy 5.09
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:36 pm
Hi John,

I'm using the gz_modTimestampFeeder field to support multiple timezones. How does this affect these instructions?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:41 pm
The key change is that the result of the calculation be a number (the time in milliseconds). So if you've made other logic changes to the field, that's fine, just make sure to use the method above to change *your* result into a number.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:12 pm
Thanks for your response. I'm just going to kind of use this thread to document my steps for myself and anyone else who might need to do the same.

I originally used these instructions ( https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... .TimeZones ) to support mobile file users in multiple time zones.This makes the gz_ModTimeStamp into an auto-enter calculation timestamp field that replaces prior values with the calculation:

If ( gz_ModTimeStampFeeder ; Get ( CurrentHostTimestamp) )

and creates a second field called gz_ModTimeStampFeeder that is a timestamp field that auto-enters the modification timestamp.

So, I changed the field type to number and made the "true" result of the auto-enter calc as instructed in the original post, instead of Get (ModificationTimestamp). So, my final field defs are:

gz_ModTimeStampFeeder is unmodified from above.

gz_ModTimeStamp is an auto-enter number field, whose auto-enter calc now is:

If ( gz_ModTimeStampFeeder ; Let([x= GetField("")]; Get(CurrentTimeUTCMilliseconds)) )

Return to GoZync