Records incorrectly deleted. *RESOLVED*

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:52 pm
I am experiencing a problem with LowZync

I have one unrelated table that looses all the records in the mobile table when a round trip zync is performed. These can be retrieved from the Host file if GoZyncMobile is reset.

If I create a new record in the mobile file, it is correctly synced with the host. If I make no changes, and perform a zync again, it to is removed from the mobile file.

So I am thinking it must be something to do with time stamps. If I insert Current Time (ctrl + colon) into a field in both the host and mobile files, there are the same format and time - so is the date.

I've run out of ideas where to look and would appreciate some expertise to find my mistake :) :-)

Many thanks,
Frostie.
Last edited by Frostie on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:02 am
Hi Frostie,

Sorry to hear you're running into this issue.

If all records are being deleted from the mobile file on a sync, it may be a problem with IDs or the gz_id_ListOf field.

You might also be on the right track suspecting a date format conflict. If you're in a different time zone than the US, you will need to make a clone of the mobile file in order to resolve the issue.

You can take a look at this section in our troubleshooting docs for a further explanation on both of these issues and instructions on fixing here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.php?n=GoZync5.Troubleshooting#MobileRecordsDeleted

Hope that helps!

KC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:46 am
Hi KC,

Thanks for your help.

I can't see a problem with gz_id_ListOF, and the pk field in the mobile and hosted files are using UUID's. I'm fairly sure I am using cloned files too.

So, I'll try starting from the beginning - it'll be good practice for when I migrate the real solution!

Regards,
Frostie
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:21 pm
Hi Frostie,

If you don't see an issue with gz_id_ListOF, you probably shouldn't have to start from the beginning. First try to clone the mobile file on a computer that is set to the local time zone, then see if that works. If that doesn't work, I can create a case in our system so we can dig into this via email.

Let me know how that goes.

KC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:02 pm
Hi KC,

I have cloned all the mobile files (Core file containing layouts and scripts, Data file and GoZyncMobile). I imported the data back into the data file.

I did the same for the hosted core and data files, and uploaded them to the server.

I then ran a Zync. No new records were found, and the mobile file didn't receive any records.

Did a reset, ran a zync, and the records from the hosted file were pulled down to the mobile file.

Did another Zync, and the mobile records were removed. :(

If there is anything else you can suggest I check, that would be great.

Kind regards

Frostie
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:47 am
Hi Frostie,

Since you've gone through the troubleshooting and are still seeing an issue, we’ll reach out by email directly to ask for a copy of your files so we can take a closer look.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:18 pm
Thanks KC and Todd for finding my error so quickly.

For others that may experience the same problem, here is their reply....

You missed a part of the setup.

Step 3.5: Edit the Go To Related Records Scripts in GoZyncMobile and in Your Hosted File.
There is one script in each file you'll need to edit. Learn what needs to be changed here: Set Up Go To Related Records.

Many thanks for finding that. I recall actively bypassing that step as the table I was syncing didn’t have a related table (as in invoice and invoice line items) I think I confused this with GTRR.

Thanks again for finding my mistake,

Regards,
Frostie
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:29 am
Thank you, Frostie, for posting the resolution. Glad to hear you were able to get that working!

KC

Return to GoZync