'Record lock' errors in the push. **RESOLVED**

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:34 pm
I am seeing the following, consistent error message when performing a sync.

" There were 301 (record lock) errors in the push. Some records were not sent because they were in use on the server and you'll want to try them again later. See the log for more info."

On looking at the log, I can see no errors, and I was not expecting any records to be pushed.

I have closed and reopened FMP on the desktop, and closed/opened the files on the Hosted server. This does not seem to have had an effect.

I would appreciate some guidance on where to look for the cause of this :?

Many thanks,
Last edited by Frostie on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:20 am
Hi Frostie,

301 errors mean that a record or its related record is being modified when FileMaker tries to edit it. Your best bet would be to check the users that are logged into your file and see if any of them are modifying records in the tables you're trying to sync.

You can find more information on error codes in our troubleshooting documentation here: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.php?n=GoZync5.Troubleshooting#ErrorCodes

I hope that helps!

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:36 pm
Hi KC,

I had a T.O. called 'gz_ErrorCodeMatrix'.

It looks like when the script 'Finish Sync' from GZM ran, it runs a PatternCount on the log file, and was incorrectly classifying the entry for gz_ErrorCodeMatrix as a 301 error.

The T.O. name is now gz_FaultCodeMatrix. :oops:

I couldn't understand why I was getting Record Lock errors, when I was the only user of the DB - now I know ! :-)
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:29 am
Glad to hear you were able to resolve that issue, Frostie!

Thanks for letting us know.

KC

Return to GoZync