Integration Customization

Tips and tricks for our FM Chat template.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:16 am
Hi Guys, I am integrating FMChat into my solution and have some questions wich aren't apparent after looking over the scripting.

Q1: I don't like the look of your welcome screen. It appears when FMC is started and when requesting login. Is there a simple way I can send users to a different login screen (such as "Signin" which is much nicer). Also can I just copy the Signin screen parts to the Welcome screen since I never want my users to see the stuff on the welcome screen?

Q2: is there an easy way to hide the FM Chat file/window after startup?

Q3: When closing my solution, I have a script that calls files by name to close them. I notice the FM Chat has a dialog that will ask the user if they want to close the file. Can I disable this without causing too much grief?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:55 am
Hi Jim,

Yes, you can modify all of these in the licensed version of FMChat!

Q1 - You can change the starting layout in the startup script. Depending on how you have your file set up, you may also want to change the Starting Layout in the File Options in the main FileMaker File menu.

Q2 - After the startup, you should be able to add a script step to Adjust Window [hide]

Q3 - Yes, you can disable this dialog. You can either edit the script itself, or turn off the On Last Window Close script trigger (also under File Options)

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Ann

Return to FM Chat