Jump to My Event: Layout in Other File

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:35 pm
Hi All:

At http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.php?n=DayBackForFileMaker.JumpToMyEvent, you write:
What If the Event Layout I Want to Use is in Another File?
If you'd like your custom action layout to reside in another file write a script in your file that can accept the event's ID as a parameter and call that script from DayBack's script "Go To Event Record From WebViewer". If you have multiple sources you may want to test for them in "Go To Event Record From WebViewer" and call your external script only when going to an event in that particular $source number.

I've looked at the script "Go To Event Record From WebViewer" and can't figure out how to do what you describe above. Can you offer more specific instruction here?

Thanks in advance.

Jim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:21 am
The comments at the top of the "Go To Event Record From WebViewer" script list which local parameters are available, including $eventID and $source. Replace the contents of that script to branch depending on the source (1 or 2), to run different scripts that you set up in your file, passing in the $eventID as the script parameter. Set up your scripts (one for each source) to use that event id to find the record and show it in your own details layout. HTH -Jeff

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker