Customising the popover futher

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:43 am
I would like to use the popover for event info, but need to be able to control visibility of 'Delete' button and editing depending on the user. Some will be able to edit, others just view. This could be done easily in a FileMaker layout, but the popover is so much nicer.

One option I can see would be to set the $$sc_EditEventsInFileMaker variable accordingly and give editors the popover and other a FileMaker layout.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:19 am
Unfortunately you can't control the delete button on the Javascript popover. You could aedit the "Submit Event From Webviewer" script to prevent unwanted record deletes. An you can certainly set the $$sc_EditEventsInFileMaker to either "True" or "False" conditionally based on the user's account name, as you suggest. HTH -Jeff
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:45 am
Thanks Jeff,

That would not be a good user experience so I will go with setting the $$sc_EditEventsInFileMaker variable

Cheers

Tim
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:59 am
Hi Jeff, a follow up question.

The workflow my client has means that when they go to create a new event they will come from the Project and have the ProjectID, status and duration for the event and just want to select who (which resource) to allocate the work to and the start date/time. Having to select the project from the slider would be very irritating for them.

I would like to populate the fields in a new event popover from variables as it is shown, but can see no way to do this.
Inspiration came and I thought I could set change the $$sc_EditEventsInFileMaker variable to 1 when scheduling and 0 when just looking. Unfortunately this doesn't work, it appears that I would need to reload the calendar each time the variable was changed.

Is there any way I can either populate the popover from variables for a new event, or go to a layout for a new event and a popover for existing events?

Hope that is clear!

Thanks

Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:41 am
You can do this by running the "Create Edit Delete Event ( SourceNo, Operation ) { Hide, DateStart , DateEnd , TimeStart ... }" script from your project layout. Look at how the "New Event For Project" button is set up on the "Sample Projects" layout in DayBack. Follow the format of the script parameter to send the various values for project id, resource, etc. HTH -Jeff
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:39 am
Thanks Jeff,
So close.....

The problem is that in using this the user cannot see the next available gap in the schedule and select the resource and start time! I need to have these values stored (Global variable or field) and then use them when the User double clicks to create a new event in the calendar.

I am guessing it is not possible.

So, is there a way to force a Create Event action from the web viewer to trigger the Show Event Details From WebViewer script if a Global Variable Flag is set?

Thanks

Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:40 am
Not really because the decision to display/edit the event in the Javascript popover vs the FileMaker layout has been decided before the calendar UI is even drawn. If you use the FileMaker layout, you could just set your resource and start time fields to auto-enter whatever has been stored in the globals. HTH -Jeff
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:03 am
Mmm, no good. It is the resource and start time that will be selected when clicking in the calendar, everything else could be stored!

Looks like we will have to go with FileMaker layouts for all viewing and creating, shame!

If you smart guys can come up with a way to specify the popover vs FileMaker Layout separately for viewing and editing then I and my client would be very grateful, 9.5?

Thanks Jeff

Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:15 pm
Watch for enhancements to resource handling and more-flexible field-display options on the Javascript popover in future builds of DayBack; i.e., "stay tuned" :)
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:20 pm
:shock:

Jeff, going to email you!

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker