Upgrade to 9.65 creates window issue

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:16 am
I installed the update to 9.65 from 9.61. According to the version history there shouldn't have been any script updates necessary.

When an event is created the window does not restore to its proper size and location. The window ends up small, in the top left corner of the screen (Windows 7 Pro). I could put a adjust window step in one of the scripts, but I'd rather try to figure a) if its a bug in Dayback or b) maybe there should be a script update in there.

Any suggestions?

checked a backup - upgrade was from 9.63
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:11 pm
Thanks for reaching out here! Just to confirm, this issue did not occur before updating, correct? And is it the Event window that does not properly resize and adjust? Or is the main calendar window being resized after opening an event window?

After upgrading from 9.63 to 9.65 on Windows, I haven't been able to reproduce improperly sized event windows. When creating a new event through the "New Event" button on the calendar, and FileMaker layouts for event details are being used instead of the calendar popover, the "Adjust Window" script should be called within the "Create Edit Delete Event..." script (at line 100, if this script is unmodified). Is this Adjust Window script being called when creating a new event? Try adding a breakpoint at the top of the script, and then once you arrive at that script with the script debugger on, step through to see the behavior and confirm that the Adjust Window[Resize to Fit] script step is being reached.

If the calendar window is being resized improperly, double check that FileMaker's "maximize window" option isn't being used on Windows, as described at this link: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... mizeWindow

I hope this helps. Let me know any other details about what you're experiencing here, and I'll continue to look into this with you.

All the best,

Dan
[email protected]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:36 am
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. About to implement the recommendations you've suggested.

It is the main calendar window that does not restore properly and it was AFTER the update.

Will let you know what happens.

Dave Zakary
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:51 pm
Still getting window issues. On Windows 7 Pro and FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced - all fully patched.

Users are double clicking on the web viewer and selecting New Event from the popup. This calls the Submit Event From WebViewer script.

It goes through the loop and then hits the Create Edit Delete Event {....} script. When it hits line 45 and called the Draw New Off-Screen Window subscript the window is resized to what the final state ends up being. The window is the height of the tool bar and I can see about 1/2 of the record count box.

At line 92 there is an IF statement "If [$sc_Hide <> "Yes"]

The Adjust Window subscript at line 100 is being jumped over.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 3.48.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 3.48.25 PM.png (251.9 KiB) Viewed 12668 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:31 pm
Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for the additional details here. Since your main calendar window is being resized when another window is opened (i.e., the off-screen window in the Create Edit Delete Event script), this does sound like an issue with maximized windows in FileMaker for Windows. If you resize the small window without using the maximize button (simply dragging instead), does the calendar window stay at the size you set while using the calendar?

On Windows, if a FileMaker window is maximized, and another window is opened, the maximized window will be un-maximized and resized. Not using the built-in "maximize" window option should get around this issue. To still have the main calendar window appear maximized, see the instructions at this link:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... mizeWindow

Let me know if this helps!
Dan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:34 pm
Hey Dan,

There was a random Maximize Window that only got triggered under certain conditions. Changed that to a Resize To Fit and all seems good now.

Thanks for all the help.

Dave Zakary
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:18 am
That's great news, Dave. Thanks for letting us know.

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker