Hiding the event time end; CSS elements reference?

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:26 pm
Hello All,

Anyone know what CSS to add to hide the event's end time in the resource schedule view? I'm trying to show a lot of info for a lot of resources in this view. Also, is there some kind of published API or reference for CSS elements so I can just look this stuff up myself? I haven't been able to find one...

Thanks,

Eugene
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:21 am
HI Eugene,

Thanks for reaching out here! You can hide the event times in resource schedule view by adding this to your css theme. This will hide both the start and end time; the end time alone can't be targeted.

.fc-view-agendaResourceVert .fc-event-time { display: none ; }

That is a great idea to add a CSS element reference. At this point, we have a number of popular CSS mods listed at this link, http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... eMaker.CSS, on top of the placeholders already listed in the Theme file. I hope this helps.

All the best,
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:38 pm
hmmm...that's too bad. my client definitely needs to keep the starting time, but doesn't need the ending time. any idea if this can be altered somewhere else?

Eugene
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:12 am
Hi Eugene,

Unfortunately, the "Start - End" times appear are contained in the same element, so it isn't possible to selectively hide only the end time in Resource Schedule view. Thank you for the feedback on this!

May I ask why your client would like to hide the end time? By default in the Schedule view, the times appear on a separate line from the rest of the event summary, so including the end time shouldn't crowd the event summary. Your feedback is appreciated!

Thanks again,
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:51 pm
It's not critical, but with multiple layered events, the end time gets cut off because the event width is so narrow. It exacerbates the impression that information is being truncated/hidden on the top-most event.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:55 pm
Hi Eugene,

That definitely makes sense. Thanks again for the feedback. We hope to change this so that the start and end times can be shown/hidden individually, but I don't have a timetable for when that change might be implemented.

Hopefully some of the filtering options might relieve this somewhat. Please keep us posted with any other questions or feedback!

Thanks again,

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker