Old Event Overlap Method

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:38 pm
My client is really enamored of the old way that event overlapping was handled in the Calendar Pro product, which is to say: if there were underlying events, they were hidden, but a red line next to the column indicted if another item was underneath. When you clicked on an event with something underneath, you got multiple windows opening showing each layered object. We've already turned off the popover and reverted to showing their own event layout, but the 'sharing' of horizontal space in the schedule truncates the information they display in the event summary. Is there any way to change this behavior? I turned on overlapping and tried pre-filtering the schedule, but when items are pre filtered out, the remaining visible events are still narrow, but now the underlying space is empty. Does this make sense?

Eugene
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:50 am
Hi Eugene,

Great questions here, and yes that makes sense!

There isn't a way to change this behavior beyond enabling event overlapping (as noted in my reply on your other post the $$sc_PreventEventOverlap is reversed -- use "True" to have events overlap).

Unfortunately, filtering by Status/Color at this point does not cause the event widths to resize, although using the "Advanced Filters" does. You can also hard-code a filter in the "Event Find" script so that certain events are always filtered out.

While it would take some significant customization, it could be possible to click on an event and also open windows for any other events that also fall within the selected event's time (and meet any other criteria). Let me know if you'd like to consider this further.

I hope this helps, but please keep me posted if you have other questions on this!

All the best,

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker