Any way to set popover to automatically show call your own

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:29 am
Hi,

The ability to call your own scripts from the popover is very handy. Is there a way to default the popover to open the sidebar when called (rather than click the gear)?

Also, is there a way to make the popover defaults view only? i.e. show the contact but not let the user change the contact via this screen.

Thank you

Martin
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:22 pm
Hi Martin,

Great questions here. Glad you like the custom actions drawer! At this point, there is no way to have the drawer default to open, unfortunately. It's display is handled by the calendar javascript. Thank you for the feedback on this.

You can make the popover fields in a sense "view only". In the "Create Edit Delete Event..." script, you can disable the different sections that set the different event fields. To disable modifying the Contact ID, for example, find the section with the comment "Contact ID" (about line 170), and disable the steps from this comment to the next comment (for the next field). That way, any changes to the Contact ID on the calendar will not take effect.

Note that it will appear to your users that they can modify an event's contact, but the change will not be committed. We plan to add more granular field access settings for the calendar popover in a future updated.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions on this!

All the best,

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker