Default view not loading

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:35 pm
Hello,

How is it that when I open the Calendar, the default view I have setup in 'Upon Opening' (Resource Sched Vert) doesn't load, instead, I get the month view.

Is there some other place I need to put the default view?

Eugene
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:05 pm
Hi Eugene,

Thanks for reaching out here on this. You shouldn't have to set the default view in another place. To confirm, have you modified the last step of the "Upon Opening" script, so that the script parameter of the final Perform Script step looks like this?

#("sc_Mode" ; "Resource Sched Vert")

Making that change caused the Resource schedule view to load for me on startup, so let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Thanks again,
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:53 pm
i get month view. i have to re-run 'Upon Opening' again to get the 'Resource Sched Vert' layout, or select it from the Resource drop-down menu.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:54 pm
also, in 'File options...' the script trigger OnFirstWindowOpen is set to 'Upon Opening'. is that right?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:11 am
Hi Eugene,

Thanks for letting me know. Just to summarize, it sounds like you are navigated to the resource schedule view when you run the Upon Opening script. However, you are taken to the month view when you first open the file, even though you have the Upon Opening script assigned to the "OnFirstWindowOpen" script trigger. Is this correct?

Thanks again,
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:03 pm
Exactly that.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:52 am
Hi Eugene,

Thanks for confirming. I'm not sure at this point why you're able to navigate to your desired view when manually running the Upon Opening script, but not when the script runs at startup. I would be happy to take a closer look at this for you, if you'd like to send me a copy of your file.

If your file zips under 15MB, then you can email it to me at [email protected]. If not, then you can use a service like sendbigfiles.com to get them to me. Thank you!

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker