event popup

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:33 am
I'm Still having a little trouble with my calendar event pop up erasing some data and I'm looking for where the problem might be. In my main events table (SampleEvents::crewName) data keeps getting deleted once I update the event via the calendar (by changing the event's status, resource, time etc.) . If the "write" commands are within the source layouts then I must still have something screwed up there. I'm using the included source layouts and none are referencing the SampleEvents::crewName field as far as I can see. Further, only source no 1: sample events is the only layout in the source layouts that is based on the SampleEvents table. I even tried taking crewName out of the DBk calc fields with no luck. Is there some other area that I might look into?
Thanks
Mike
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:59 am
Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for reaching out here on this issue. You are right that the "write commands" are determined by the fields mapped on your "Source No" layout. Since you are experiencing a field being overwritten you update an event, I would double check all of the fields you have mapped on your Source layout. Be sure to check the fields on all 6 tabs of this layout (I've certainly neglected the other tabs before).

If there is no reference to this field on your layout, check to see if there is an auto-enter calculation applied to this "crewName" field. If so, it's possible the calculation there may be causing it to be cleared out when editing the record.

If this doesn't help, I will be happy to take a look a copy of your files to try to find the cause. Just send the copy to [email protected]. If the file(s) zip under 15MB, then you can e-mail them to me there. If they're bigger than that, you can use a service like http://www.sendbigfiles.com/ to get them to me.

Thanks again,
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:24 pm
That was it. I was overlooking one of the source tabs. Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:43 pm
Glad to hear it! Thanks for letting me know.

We'll be here if you have any other questions going forward.

All the best,

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker