Adding Nav Buttons

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:47 am
I have already gone in and hidden the Home and Resource buttons but I can't find any documentation on adding custom buttons to the main nav on the calendar's upper right corner (I don't see them as layout elements on the calendar layout). I was looking to place a button that would take the user back to my own Projects Layout. Where might I find this area?

Also, sort of related... I found that my changes to items in the translations and css files yesterday, reverted back to their original state when I came back to it this morning. Is this because I'm running a trial version?

Thanks
Mike
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:03 am
Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out here on this. That's great to hear you've already implemented some of your own customizations!

While these buttons on the calendar can be renamed and hidden, new ones can't be added. So, you have a couple options here.
1) You could show the Home button again, but repurpose what it does. Clicking that button calls the "Go To Calendar Home" script, so you can modify this script to do whatever you'd like (just don't rename that script). You could also then translate "Home" to something that makes sense for you.
2) You can Resize the calendar webviewer so that you have room above or beside it to add your own buttons. FileMaker buttons cannot be added on top of the webviewer object itself. You might even do this to add your own top navigation toolbar or custom sidebar.

For more info on the calendar buttons or "tabs", see this link: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... lendarTabs

Regarding your translation file, it is possible that the CalendarInterface record may have been inadvertently deleted. To avoid this, you can create your own custom menu set restricting the ability to delete records, and apply this to the Calendar, Home, and Under the Hood layouts. As an extra backup, you can copy and paste your css and translation changes into text files, to have handy in case your modifications get overwritten again. The trial version is fully unlocked, so your translation and css edits should be preserved!

I hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions as you continue to dig into DayBack.

Thanks again,

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker