viewing events - disappearing ?

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:44 am
Hi. I have been working with the calendar for a week or so now unde an account with full access. Today I logged a co-worker on under his account (custom privilege set). The events did not populate in the calendar for him. Hmm. Ok. I logged in as admin again and they showed up. I then opened up his privilege set to add edit all, view all, run all etc. basically opened it up. No luck. I then switched him over to another (wide open) privilege set and the events were again viewable. Ok... Then I duplicated that second privilege set, renamed it to test... and switched the user over to that one. No luck (scratching head). I then went to my admin account and viewed the calendar and now the events are not showing there!? I looked through my scripts and there's noting that I found that would indicate a restriction on these privilege sets, and certainly nothing that deals with the admin account. I also don't have anything set in the "hide field when..." that would seem to affect things. What am I missing here? this is weird behavior.
Thanks
Mike
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:40 am
Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for reaching out here on this. This is definitely weird behavior. DayBack will respect your FileMaker access privileges, so that events that a user has no access to will not be viewable on the calendar. Have you embedded the calendar in your file, or linked DayBack?

Since this is strange behavior, and since issues around privilege sets can be tricky to troubleshoot, I'd love to take a look at your files to try to identify what's going on. If the file(s) zip under 15MB, then you can e-mail them to me at [email protected]. If they're bigger than that, you can use a service like http://www.sendbigfiles.com/ to get them to me.

Thanks again,
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:18 am
Hi
I sent you an email with the login details. It is embedded. I didn't really mess with anything that I can recall but the whole thing seems odd and is probably the result of some goofy thing that I did.
Thanks
Mike
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:43 am
I have found the issue. There is a layout with a "halt script" step that was meant to get me out of find mode from another layout. I think I'm all set. Like I said. Probably due to something goofy I did.
Thanks
Mike
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:27 pm
Hi Michael,

Glad to hear you solved! That's great. We'll be here if you have other questions.

All the best,

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker