"Done" behavior

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:15 am
Hi
I've added a third source for my calendar and I've noticed something a little weird. If I have an event on monday and in the event details I set it up to repeat (I copied the layout elements and script from your example layout to my own layout for the source table). As an example I set it to repeat every two days for the next week. If I go to friday's event occurrence and change the status to something random like "billed", all is fine, friday's event changes color and all the others remain the same (I have them default to "waiting" by having the status field auto enter that text on creation). Now, if I go to wednesday's event and change it's status to "Done" it also changes color but now moves to tuesday and kind of mushes together with monday's event which also changes to the done status. Is there something special around this "Done" status that is unique and causing this behavior or is it something I'm screwing up?
Thanks
Mike
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:33 am
Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for reaching out here on this. It sounds like you may have copied the "ToDoList" sample table to create your 3rd source. Is that the case?

The ToDo List does handle the "done" status differently, so that "done" events are displayed on the calendar when they are completed. If you've copied the ToDo List for your third source, you should be able to copy the contents of the calculations below from your first source, and paste them into the same fields in your third source. Then, be sure to check the fields that are mapped within these calculations.

DBk_TimestampStartCalcNum
DBk_TimestampEndCalcNum
DBk_WebViewerSource
DBk_EventSummaryCalc

If you make this change, setting the event status to Done shouldn't affect where the event appears on the calendar. Let me know if this helps!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:50 am
That did the trick. Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:55 am
Right on, Mike!

Thanks for letting me know. We'll be here if you have other questions.

All the best,

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker